Saturday, July 21, 2018

REVIEW:2018 Topps Complete Set Hobby

What makes a great gift under the tree-yes this is the Christmas in July in me coming out-A Topps complete set!

Now, buying a complete set for set collectors isn't as much fun as chasing each card you need, but when it comes to giving a gift, I think this is the way to go. I also really like the different versions of the set to chase. The one I am discussing today will be the hobby set with exclusive parallels. There are also the All-Star versions with exclusive All Star Game cards, Retail Factory Set with Rookie Image Variations, and finally the Target Version that comes with a Rookie Cup Chrome card and the Rookie Image Variations.

Let's take a look at the Hobby Set.
 
Each Hobby Boxed set comes with both Series 1 and 2 which equals 700 cards. However, there are two bonus cards as well with a Gleyber Torres and Ronald Acuna to find as well. Which gives you a 702 card set. The set also comes with 5 parallel cards that are numbered to just 190. Hobby Sets sit around for $60 right now per set.

Those parallel cards are packed separately in a pack at the back of the box. Here are the ones I found in my pack and what they look like. Us shiny fans will be quite happy.








Not bad pull here!
 
 
And here are two exclusive rookie card set finds of Acuna and Torres.
 

OVERALL: I liked this years set and still dig the design for the base. I know, I know, many of you didn't like it, but I liked riding the wave and no border appeal. Three things stood out about this set.
  1. The parallels look amazing. And you could pull any of the 700 cards in the set for the parallel so you could find yourself with big bucks with an Otanhi find.
  2. Torres and Acuna was a grab for me either way. First real rookie cards of those guys.  
  3. The only negative about it, the cards were not put by number but were put by series. It was like someone just dumped series one in and then dumped series two in. Then threw the 2 bonus rookies and added a pack. I like my cards by number. But, don't think I will waste time doing it as I hoped it would have already been done that way. 
Please take a minute out to thank Topps for providing the box to review. Some of the cards you see above will be included in the Fantasy Baseball contest! Follow Topps on all social media sites and check out their website HERE for cards and more!  

No comments:

Post a Comment