Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Area 40 Has Some Bieber Fever

During Wes' retirement tour-formerly blogger of Jay Barker Fan blog and now runs a last big hurrah blog in Area 40-he has been unloading packages onto bloggers for goodbye gifts.

We are continuing on working through the box. Let's see what else pops up in it.

Brian Bosworth numbered card. I will say I like the new Elite look Panini has used the last few years.


Some 90's cards. I want to put the 1995 Prism football set together. Still have a long ways to go. So when I get my needs together, or even before that, remember I am chasing this set.


Never seen one of these before. Cool Sweet Spot rookie that has cardboard border and an acetate lay-in of the player.


Wes has helped me through this mail day add to my Davis PC. I also have more cards from it incoming. If I was to super collect someone besides Rodney Hampton, it may be this guy.


A good group of 90's inserts. Need to see if Bono is new for my set I am chasing and Press Pass put out some nice looking cards in the late 90's including some unique embossed die-cut inserts like this Holt.


A few rookies. Favre is well, one of the greats (really want his autograph card). Von Miller is turning into one  of the greats and well, Ramses Barden was supposed to be great for the Giants but never panned out.


More Favre love here and some Emmitt. I won't let my mother know I added these to my collection lol.


Some Bus. These Edge F/X inserts were all acetate and looked really sharp with the added foil.


Couple of basketball rookies here


Some shiny parallels.


90's haircut and a hologram and a well designed card. Really miss UD in the overall game. Yes, I have said this 1,000 time on here and will again and again!


Another solid Press Pass insert. I wished they were still around.


Alstott! I liked the Buc's newer uni's so much better than those awful orange cream ones.


Tim Tebow on a throwback Fleer Ultra design, awesome. I know many put down Tebow, but I like the guy. He stood by his faith, ignored disbelievers and continues to strive to spread the gospel through his sports play. He was definitely a great College player and is a decent baseball player. He may not have been the best NFL one, but still a fan. This is a great looking card no matter how you feel about him.


Stephen King. Now the guy plays soccer too. Nah, just kidding. I just put this on here for fun.


More Bus. This time he is Crashing the game. See what I did there.


Hmmm. Panini got the National Treasure name from this late 90's Donruss insert...


Some purty girls. I was actually looking at getting a few relics from this set. I wanted the Mandy Moore one. If you see one, let me know!


Some people that sing


A card that SCREAMS 90's. It is sometimes almost blinding


A group of solid rookies with Bush, Stafford, Luck, Peppers and Harrison to name a few.


Jeff George. Why would I bother posting this? Well, its dufex. And it's from a very popular set from my time in Pinnacle Inscriptions. It was a very high end expensive product then and even more so now unopened. The autographs on acetate were extremely popular. I ended up pulling three back then. The only problem with those, over time I have seen that the autographs fade even with extra protection.
 

And we finish it up with some Bieber fever. Is is weird of me to had wanted some of these cards and now happy that I have some? I wasn't a fan of his music or even him, but it's a neat addition to my non sports PC. I would actually be excited to have an autograph next.

Well there does it for another round of Wes' mailings. There is still many parts left to this series to unveil and many great cards to come. Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment