Saturday, July 7, 2018

Michael's A Rising Star

In posting the Sets Of My Childhood series I was hoping that it would lead to some trading and some set help. What I wasn't expecting was it to lead to completed set.

Some of the sets I was hoping to complete faster than others. 1995 Pinnacle Clear Shots, 1995 Fleer Ultra Rising Stars and 1995 Summit Ground Zero parallel set were my top hopes to narrow down fast. That Ground Zero one may be close to impossible to do but I want to badly try.

Fortunately for me, one of the three was knocked down fast after I posted it.

My buddy @JGfan24ever once again pulled off another trade with me, this time he did the unexpected. He picked up the last seven cards in my set and we worked out a fast trade soon afterwards.

So here are the last seven cards in my 1995 Fleer Ultra Rising Stars set. These cards are acetate printed with a space appeal. They were not the easiest finds in terms of 90s cards. They fell 1:37 packs which was more than one-per-box and at one time the Marshall Faulk in the set was my biggest pull of the 90's.

The set consists of a group of interesting players. You have superstars like Brett Favre and Marshall Faulk. Some decent guys like Drew Bledsoe and others you are waiting for them to rise to be a star.

Drew Bledsoe



The Bus!


Bam Bam Morris


Eric Turner


Ben Coates in a throwback uni


Natrone Means I always liked. He was a solid underrated back


Jeff Blake


And here is that beautiful nine card set all together by number.
 
A big thanks goes out to Michael for helping me finish up one of these sets and especially one of the top ones I was aiming for.
You can check out all of my Sets Of My Childhood needs, HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment