Friday, October 27, 2017

REVIEW:2017 Stadium Club Soccer

Soccer fans get excited! Stadium Club is making it's appearance in 2017 for your sport.

For those that are big SC fans, we all know what to expect from the line, amazing photography which was provided in this product that's for sure.

But, let's take a closer look at what Stadium Club soccer has to offer.


Every box of 2017 Stadium Club soccer comes with 16 Packs with 8 Cards Per Pack. You will also find two autographs per box with boxes running currently $45 and under. So a pretty solid deal on these right now.

The base set has the usual full bleed photography and some shots are really cool. The only disappointment for me was the names and Stadium Club logo do not have the touch of foil like with baseball. I think it adds to the appeal.

The base set is only 100 cards of stars of today and tomorrow. So not too tough of a chase.


Here are a few of my favorite images. Love the snow one.
 

The rookie cards aren't labeled on the front of the card which is a bother to me, but the backs state whether they have played in the MLS yet.

The 20 SSP cards come with the same design as the base cards but with a different photo. According to Beckett, the code ends in 541, it’s a base card. If it ends with 557, it’s a variation. However, this Jordan Morris has been a mystery cards that ends 7010. He is on the checklist for a variation, but this particular card was supposed to be a base card not the variation. I can only assume it's a Topps printing error.

There are parallels to be found as well in Stadium Club. Golds fall 1:8 packs.


Black and White can be had in 1:4 packs.

There is also Member's Only, Sepia and First Day Issue parallels as well.

Scoreless Streak insert falls 1:8 packs is for the best goalies in the game! These come with parallels as well in Members Only which I did pull one, the bottom card, at 1:293 odds. I didn't spot it at first til I re-sorted them. There is also a Sepia parallel as well.


A throwback to me from Donruss Studio type approach, Profiles well, shows the profiles of the top players in the game! These fall 1:4 and have Members Only and Sepia parallels as well.


Now time for the hits!

My box provided with me with two base card autograph pulls.


 
These are sticker autos in case you were wondering. Sticker Autographs still don't bother me.

The base card autographs have parallels of, Black and White, Members Only,and First Day Issue.

Other hits not found in my box include, Lone Star Signatures and Co-Signers. Both are long time collector favorites in the brand.

OVERALL, If you are a soccer fan, for $45 why not take the gamble here? Decent signers, great photography and a pretty simple clean product. Even if you are not a soccer fan but love SC, take the gamble. I can't give you a reason not to.

Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Topps for providing this box for me to review as they help provide prizes for me to giveaway in the MLB Pick Em Promotion! Follow Topps on all social media sites and visit their SITE, as well

No comments:

Post a Comment