Sunday, October 8, 2017

REVIEW:2017 Topps Fire Baseball Collectors Box

Topps Fire comes to baseball as an Target Only exclusive but still the fun bold designs football had by artist Tyson Beck. I remember how much I loved the 2014 Fire design, was awesome!

There are three buying options at Target when it comes to Fire. There are Value Boxes, Fat Packs and Collector's Boxes which comes with 2 hits.


In each box of 2017 Topps Fire, there are 20 packs of 6 cards each. Boxes come it with 2 hits with at least one autograph. Boxes run...well....I don't have that exact info. I don't have a Target nearby to find that out, but from some research online it goes for $70.

The base set for Topps Fire features some artistic explosion with very bold colors in three different designs. There are 200 cards deep in the base set with players of today, tomorrow and yesterday. I like the Griffey. I do wish he was facing forwards however. I think these type of designs work better that way.

I pulled most key rookies in my box except the Judge I wanted the most.

Topps Fire comes with plenty of parallels and all have foil with rainbow shine. I actually think if the parallels were the base set I would like that even more.

You will find one parallel or insert per pack.

The parallels at first were hard to tell apart til I figured out how to do it by the inner bands on the design. These are red otherwise known as Flame parallels.


These are Orange parallels numbered to 299.


These are green parallels numbered to 199.
 

This is a purple parallel /99.
 

The first insert I found, which was totally my favorite design from the product, was this Fired Up showing players raw emotions on the field.


Walk It Off. Players who had walked it off and the team that celebrates with them. Cool photos and concept.


Golden Grabs showcasing those ones with the gloves of gold


This one is Flame Throwers if you couldn't tell.


Monikers with some of the best nicknames in the game. These have foil and look even cooler in person.

Now onto the hits!

I think that most boxes come with one autograph and one memorabilia card per box. I lucked out with two autographs.

My first one /500 is this one of Ender Inciarte


My second was this green parallel /75 of Tyler Austin.
 
It appears all autographs are sticker autos. However there is a very impressive checklist of autographs. You can find the entire Topps Fire Checklist HERE.

Other hits not found in my box are, Dual Autographs, Triple Autographs, Fire Autographed Patches and relics and relic cards.

Overall, a pretty interesting product with lots of great looking parallels and inserts. The base aren't too shabby either. The hardest part is the product being a Target exclusive and that doesn't help all collectors like myself without a Target. I would so totally go buy some more if I could.

Collectors Boxes are a bit high right now but it's riding the rest of the baseball card wave this season and can be hard to find just like all baseball products have been especially in retail. 

The pulls in these boxes can sometimes be tough but there is also a lot of big sluggers to find as well. It all depends if the chips fall your way.

Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Topps for providing this box for me to review as they help provide prizes for me to giveaway in the MLB Pick Em Promotion! Follow Topps on all social media sites and visit their SITE, as well

No comments:

Post a Comment