Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Mother-In-Law Strikes Again!

It's that time of year again, the time when my mother-in-law keeps an eye out at yard sales, tag sales, auctions and consignment shops for card items for me.

So far she has already snagged a couple items at a recent consignment shop.

Up first this Ken Griffey Jr plaque. She saw it the first time she was in the shop but wasn't sure if I would like it or not so she gave me a call.

"Hey, I see this card plaque in this shop, do you want it?"
"Who is it?"
"It's a guy that plays for Seattle."
I knew pretty much immediately who it was, "Ken Griffey Jr?"
"Yes."
"That's my favorite player in baseball all-time. I would absolutely want that."
"It's yours."
"Thanks!"

And here it is. Even better than I expected it. The Kid Dynamite really brings out the plaque even though at first I thought it was a card and realization hit that it's a piece of paper but that's okay. The card on it however is from 1996 Pinnacle, one I already have, but it blends well on the plaque here.


The second item in the shop she found was this 1992 Upper Deck baseball complete set. Not a lot in the set to be excited about, I have the Griffeys, but it does have the Manny Ramirez rookie so that works for me. Just hoping she didn't overpay for it.
 

Well, here's the first of at least a few I assume she will pick up for me when/if she finds more stuff. Not a bad way to kick off the spring sale season find especially with that Griffey plaque.

I will post as I get them in which isn't as often as it used to be, but hopefully this year will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment