Saturday, May 26, 2018

Sets Of My Childood THE SERIES! Part 9:1995 SportFlix Man 2 Man

We are into the 9th installment of this surprisingly popular series.This time we go back 23 years to 1995 and check out an insert line from 1995 Sportflix football. The lenticular technology is on the list of extinction of today's use. Another sad loss.

So let's check this one out.

For Sets Of My Childhood, I decided not only would I make a want list of each of the sets I am chasing in a tab, but I thought a little breakdown and feature may help get me more set help. I am sure many of the sets I am seeking are nickel and dime type of cards so I am hoping my trader friends can be on the lookout for any I don't have.

My local grocery store carried tons of packs of SportFlix football back in 1995. The fun thing about buying cards from a grocery store was that the display was all the way up front as soon as you entered the store. While my parents shopped, I stood at the display and checked things out. I didn't seem to have a lot of luck pulling good cards from SportFlix, but I really enjoyed how the players moved on the cards when you flipped them just so.

My best pull at the time from the product was the Man 2 Man card of Dan Marino and Troy Aikman. These cards don't move when you flip them like other SportFlix cards, but has a cool 3D appeal especially with the football jumping out at you. These cards fell 1:8 jumbo packs. At the time card I pulled even had a $25 book value so it was at the top of my most valuable cards then. The card has since dipped some along with others in the set but that's okay. This will hopefully make the chase a tad easier for me.

There are only 12 cards in the set. I have 5, one I pulled myself and four added thanks to the help of my good friend Bryan over at 90's Niche Football Card Blog.  So I only have 7 more to go and would love to finish this one up.

My current haves are,

1,4,7,8,12

This project I think can be completed with some help :)

How many of you remember or collected these?

No comments:

Post a Comment