Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Clear Shot At Spending My eBay Bucks!

As you guys know, I am a very low budget collector so when I got my eBay bucks certificate back recently, I didn't get a triple digit return, I didn't even get a double digit return. I got $1.88. Yes, one dollar and eighty-eight cents.

Some of you may laugh and some of you may not even bother using an amount so low, but for me, $1.88 opened up some possibilities and to me, money is money. No matter the amount.

I knew I wasn't going to add to my Psych or Ghostbusters needs with that amount, but since I collect so much the windows were open to many things. First I checked for Rodney Hamptons. Nope, all the ones that cheap I have. Second, I looked at NY Giants in general, nope, got em. So lastly I checked out Sets Of My Childhood cards and knew I could score some kind of help there.

But, I didn't want to spend my big bucks on just any card randomly I needed, I wanted something unique from my needs.

That's when I discovered a 1995 Pinnacle Clear Shots card I needed for my set. These cards fell 1:60 packs and are printed acetate with a touch of silver foil.
So far I only had Jerry Rice for the set. Now I have Marshall. So 2 out of 10 done. This set will be featured on Sets Of My Childhood THE SERIES at some point and hopefully I can get some help to finish my set.

I was pretty happy with my choice and finding a set need under $2. Most of these in the set are over that price even for a non Hall Of Famer.

No comments:

Post a Comment