Friday, August 24, 2018

Arnie And The Bean

For years on my Facebook page, a follower/reader named Arnie has been a fun interaction on there. Actually the only interaction I really get on that page despite having over 600 likes. I share my blog links on there but also do some fun topics occasionally but still don't get any interaction. Oh well.

Arnie has always been there from the beginning and recently we exchanged our very first mail day. I sent him some NY Giants doubles I had an din return he sent me some Yanks. It was an all around great move for both of us.

Arnie knows my love of shiny from being a long time fan obviously.

He passed along this awesome Nick Swisher parallel. I wished Topps still did these types of parallels for flagship instead of the hard to define ones.


Next Diamond Stars of stud Cano. I miss him in pinstripes.


Always wanted this quad sticker of the Yankee greats. Now I have it. These were the Yankees I grew up watching.


Mo! love the color scheme.


I was such a huge Clemens fan especially after he became a Yank,then came the roid allegations and I quickly fell out of love with him. Despite that, I have held his cards and this is a new one.


DJ. Surprisingly with the amount of Yankee cards I have, this was the only dupe of the group. I don't mind a Derek dupe. He will always be my favorite Yankee (even with my grown interest in Aaron Judge)

Thanks Arnie for the mail day and for the Facebook interaction! Hope we can do this again soon!
The same day as Arnie's mail day, came a surprise one from Bean's Ballcard Blog who dropped some Hampton's on me.

In his note to me he stated "they will most likely be doubles but decided to pass them on anyways" and yes this is true, but just because they are doesn't mean they won't be useful to me still.

A couple are upgrades from the ones I currently own.

Like this one. My Men Of Autumn has bad corners so this one is a definite upgrade.


I like this one just because of the full player focus. Watch his eyes on here search for a running lane.


LOVE LOVE LOVE this card. The 1994 Topps Finest refractor is beautiful. I don't care if I have 80 copies of this card.


And the last card is another I needed a replacement for. I think this was one of the better Topps flagship designs over the years even with the border.
 
A big thanks goes out to Bean's Ballcard Blog for the surprise Hamptons. If you haven't checked that blog out yet, please do so! He is also a cool dude who shares all of your blogs on his Twitter page. So repaying him a blogroll add would be a nice thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment