Wednesday, August 22, 2018

REVIEW:2018 Topps Clearly Authentic (BONUS HIT!)

Unlike a lot of bands from the 90's, Clearly Authentic was not just a one hit wonder as it returns this year for another round. Well, unless you count it literally being one hit.

Last year my break of 2018 Clearly Authentic was a bomb, not in a good way. Let's see if my second year break of this sophomore product goes better.


In every box of 2018 Topps Clearly Authentic is one encased acetate autograph card. Boxes run roughly $45-$50.

Here was my one hit. It's a nice looking purple parallel #d 8/10 but the player is...well...ouch. He isn't the greatest. But, once again, it's a rookie that could move up.



But that wasn't the only hit. A redemption I almost missed was stuck to the back of the Nido. This time it's a much better player of Walker Buehler and is a black parallel. Black parallels are numbered to 75.
 
 
Still no Gleyber, Othani, Trout like I have seen others pull. But, that's just my luck. At least I got two hits instead of one. 

Other parallels to find are, Green #/99, Red #/50, Blue #/25,Orange #/5, Gold 1/1.
 
There are 52 autograph names to find in the base series of autographs that include names like Judge, Acuna, and Bryant.
 
Other hits not found in my box but could be in yours include,
  • Clearly Authentic Salute Autographs
  • Clearly Authentic MLB Awards Autographs
  • Clearly Authentic 1993 Finest Stars Autographs
  • Clearly Authentic Reprint Autographs
  • Clearly Legendary Autographs
OVERALL: Not the greatest of pulls in here, but the two pulls should cover the box price in this one. Box prices are really not bad to take a gamble on a product like this especially since you have roughly a 1:52 chance of hitting someone big.

Speaking of big, I have seen sooooooooo many big hits come out of this product all across Twitter. It just wasn't in my box unfortunately but could be in yours. If I was to ever take a gamble on a product, all of you readers know when I shop for boxes I go for the most hits for the least price, I would take a chance on this one just because of the price and value that can be found.
 
Please take a minute out to thank Topps for providing the box to review. Some of the cards you see above will be included in the Fantasy Baseball contest! Follow Topps on all social media sites and check out their website HERE for cards and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment