Friday, August 31, 2018

A Post Of Firsts

Firsts. We all have those first exciting moments.

The first kiss, the first baseball game, the first home, the first kid, the first time we bought a pack of cards, the first time we enjoyed a card from a hated rival.

One of those firsts came from my latest mail day from @CrattyPatty25.

Once again he surprised me with some goods. Mostly NY Giants but a couple other cards I knew about ahead of time.

Other than what I am featuring, he also passed along a solid stack of base cards too.

Up first though is a few shiny Giants including an Adams card I didn't have. I hope this guy pans out at some point even low on the depth charts.

Ereck Flowers. Should be interesting to see this guy on the field this year. Victor Cruz and Tiki were some of my favorite all-time Giants.

More Flowers. Imagine if the Giants passed on this guy and had drafted Todd Gurley instead. Hmm..

Sweet surprises! My first 2018 Evan Engram relic card! I even remember this game. The Giants kept it close up to the half vs Seattle only to crumble apart in the second half. That happened a lot last year.

And now onto the cards I knew that were coming. It's not often a NY Giants fan will get excited about a rivals cards, but when @CrattyPatty25 showed me two multicolor patch cards with dirt on them, I immediately wanted them and he obliged happily to pass them my way.

First is a Pierre Garcon relic with some minor dirt stains.

Then came this rookie relic, that is also in the shiny category, of David Amerson that shows some obvious use. So cool!

A big thanks goes out to @CrattyPatty25 for yet another amazing mail day that kept me smiling!

I said in the title of this post that it's a post of firsts, well, that first mail day wasn't the end. The second mail day was my FIRST contest win over at Bubba's Bangin' Batch of Baseball Bits where he hosted his yearly Allen And Ginter celebration contest. 

My prize was a surprise as that is what I chose as my option, but I figured it was either the Darryl Strawberry autograph or the Dominick Smith one since those two card I mentioned. Since I saw that Gavin got the Strawberry, I assumed what mine was going to be and was right. What I didn't know was that Matt was also going to toss in a bonus.

First up, the bonus non sport relic from  a Poker Champion, pretty cool.  

And then the Smith auto. I am always about the rookies.

Thanks Matt for the mail day! Hoping we can also work out a trade soon for a few cards you have I want :)

Finally, my father and I pulled off my FIRST three-way trade and this may be the FIRST mail day where it was completely solid as a rock all around from him.

When you start off with Saquon Barkley, that's a good start.

Sterling Shepard relic card. Oh yeah baby!

FIRST Plaxico Burress patch.

This isn't my first LT relic, actually I think it's my third, but FIRST one that looks so so good.

And the big FIRST in my NY Giants collection is this Jeremy Shockey autograph. I didn't have an autograph of Jeremy til now. My father had a buddy who had one up for grabs, so through a three-way trade with me shipping cards to my father, him shipping them to the guy and the guy returning with this tremendous looking card my way. Glad to finally cross this one off my want list and it's numbered 25/25!!
A big thanks goes out to my pops (for all the other cards) and his friend for helping me add the Shockey.

Lot's of FIRSTS in this post and I am sure this won't be the end of firsts in my collecting career.

No comments:

Post a Comment