Saturday, August 18, 2018

Sacrifices And Help

(NOTE: I just had to update this on 8/18/2018 from the original time I typed up this blog post in July. Many things have happened to my set since! Sorry for those of you who have already read this before my updates but it posts many hours before I wake up to fix it)

I have a big unveil to do on here soon of my biggest hobby project yet. I can't wait to do so! In the meantime, let's check out what else I have been up to.

Another hobby project I am really working hard at is finishing up my Ghostbusters autograph set. Something I am not sure if I will ever be able to accomplish. I do know I won't be able to do it without the help of my trading buddies to complete it. Which also means it may take some sacrifices from myself as well.

In a recent trade with my buddy @Jake1725, I gave up a few cards I normally wouldn't have and it took some courage, but in the end I was pretty happy to add this tough to land autograph for my set.

His autograph is not cheap what-so-ever . Go ahead and look it up on eBay. This is the third biggest card in the Ghostbusters set to land. I now own this one and the Akroyd. Not sure how I will ever be able to afford to pull off the Jennifer Runyon need.

Jake scored this card for me off from eBay and the seller even included a freebie. I had to crack up at the Feces part.

Signed. Pretty cool.
 
Thanks Jake again for the trade and the big time set help!
Up next, no sacrifice here. Just a surprise prize I won from Gavin over at Breakdown cards for his 1300th post on his blog contest. The prize was not known except being PC related.
He first put these Yankee cards n

Love this Dimaggio. Didn't have this one.

and then left me a surprise... 
Boom! Larry King autograph! Another one knocked off from the set list.
 
Gavin knows all about the chase for this set. He has already completed his in a short time vs my 2 year long search. But, this year I have gotten closer at I have knocked down quite a few and hopefully will end my search for the set by years end!

If you trade with me at all, PLEASE PLEASE consider this to be a plead for help as my biggest want in return right now. I have plenty of trade bait in exchange for help. If you trade with me, well, there are only three left to grab right now that I need. Please consider these as my top wants, not that I wouldn't still trade for my other usual goods, but these are at the very top. Check out my Ghostbusters autograph want list tab to see which ones I need or the right side of the blog. Thanks!

And a thanks goes out again to Jake for the trade and for Gavin's awesome surprise prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment