Monday, August 13, 2018

Exiting Area 40

During Wes' retirement tour-formerly blogger of Jay Barker Fan blog and now runs a last big hurrah blog in Area 40-he has been unloading packages onto bloggers for goodbye gifts.

Well, here we are. After this long journey we have come to the finale from this box of goods from Wes, the most generous collector around and great friend. Someone I am glad I stumbled upon.

Let's take a look at what was actually the first things I found in the box

Peyton Manning. This Ionix set looked spectacular.


Natrone Means. Like I said before, this guy was completely underrated.


This was a good call by Bowman's Best. He was defintely a Best Bet even his time in Cleveland. Cool card and die cut.


Great draft pick by the Raiders. Yes, heavy sarcasm. I wasn't sure if the Raiders got their star or not at the time but made sure I grabbed a few rookies ahead of time. Now they just sit in a binder worth more than them.



Put this guy in the Hall Of Fame already!!


MJ agrees with me.


Cool Peter Warrick card. I haven't had the time to see if this is set help yet or not. Ex put out a really nice product from base to inserts to parallels.


DRC. I appreciated his time in NY and wished the Giants would bring him back. I think he would be a big help still.


Up next...some big time PC cards. These were the first cards I discovered in the  box before I got to dig into the rest. What a way to kick off the box and end the series of posts.

Rueben Randle 2 color autograph swatch. Nice looking card for my PC I didn't have.


New Sterling Shepard autograph as well. I expect this guy to be even better this year.


CRUUUUUUUUUUUZZ. This marks my third Victor autograph but this one is the prettiest of the three.


And finally, some epicness. My first ever NFL logo swatch. It's not a full one, but it's a piece of one. That's something I definitely didn't have. Next goal is a full logo swatch. But this card overall is a beaut with the cracked ice look as well.
 

Thank you seems like an understatement here to Wes but other than being completely left speechless that's all I have to offer. I also believe Wes had mentioned this wasn't the end of this mailing. I can't imagine what else he is going to throw my way.

Thanks again Wes for this and for everything you do for the hobby and your hobby friends. Not just with cards either, but the friendships and the friendship we have built. It's all appreciated and we will miss your blog. At least we still have Area 40 to visit for now and the past memories of JBF and the time we can talk on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment