Sunday, August 26, 2018

Cheerful Surprises

As I posted awhile back, this has been one rough year for me and my wife. The blood clot, the kidney stone surgeries, the other hospital visits, the phones dying, so on and so forth. This year isn't even over yet.

With so much going on, I have turned to cardboard as a way to distract myself from so much. Another thing that has helped, has been the great kindness as well during these rough times.

@B_Litch88 I made a quick and very easy trade with for some code cards. Nothing stressful about it. Just simple. In return, I got a Stefon Diggs autograph rookie card from Prizm Draft Picks. I feel this guy could really break out this year now that he has a great QB. Thanks Bernie for the easy trade!


This Annie Potts came as a gift from my wife as a cheer up. I used my eBay bucks and she covered the rest.
 

Ben Stein came from my buddy @Jake1725 who found a way or another to pick this card up from eBay and trade it to me while it was cheap. The other version of Stein was over $100. This one and only one was much cheaper so I knew I had to get it soon just didn't have the funds at the time to do it. Thanks Jake for the help!

And the final card in here, I have had in my eBay watch list for over 2 years. It's the only one ever been listed and is very limited to 250 total copies. That doesn't sound too tough today, but in 1997, that's not an easy find. This is a Players Private Issue parallel and it came from a donation thanks to a good friend of mine, Dub. Thanks buddy.

A big thanks goes out to all the above again for the help in my collection.

Now let's hope the rest of the year goes better.

No comments:

Post a Comment