Monday, June 17, 2019

Let's Talk About Sets Volume 7

Let's talk about sets baby
Let's talk about it with me
Let's talk about all the good things
And the bad things that may be
Let's talk about sets (1996)
Let's talk about sets (Holograms)
Let's talk about sets (Uh huh)
Let's talk about sets....

1991 song by Salt-N-Pepa was about a much different topic than I am turning it into. You see, I am staying on topic with cards. Not,well, what they were talking about. This newest segment about the 90's will focus on my set chases (the ones I have already used for a Origins Post or don't plan on using) and new additions to them along with updates on how far I have gotten.

It's time for us to sit down and have that discussion between your parents and you that you tried to avoid. You know, that conversation you have with them about the Flairs and the Pinnacles. Kids, it's time to Talk About Sets.

So grab a can of Surge and take a seat in the thinking chair and check these out.

In my trade with Julie from A Cracked Bat: Baseball Cards and a Hot Dog, I was able to knock a few more set needs down. Today, it was 1996 Sp Special Fx.


This is a set I didn't collect as a youngin'. It was the power of the hologram that drew me into wanting to chase down this massive set as an adult. Not to mention, you add in the special Fx micro etch technology you have one great looking card. Nobody knew how to make an insert or a base set even more than Upper Deck.


The hobby needs more Upper Deck.


Raul Mondesi

Paul Wilson

Fred McGriff

Kenny Lofton

Roberto Alomar

Edgar Martinez

Rey Ordonez

I still have a long way to go in this set, but this was a good amount to knock down here.

Thanks for the set help Julie! If you guys can help me out in my set chase, you can find the rest of my needs for this set and others in 1996

We go back and talk dirty again next time in Volume 8. But, if you need to get that dirty sets talk now, call 1-900-tal-kset. Well, don't really. Not sure where that will take you.

No comments:

Post a Comment