Thursday, June 20, 2019

Too Many Cardboard Mysteries

Dennis over at Too Many Verlanders blog posted a stack of bubblers on Twitter he mailed out to the blogosphere and possibly beyond for upcoming mail days. My name was in the stack as well and arrived on Friday.

I never know what to expect when I get a mail day from Dennis. Sometimes its Starting Lineups. Sometimes it's magazines. Sometimes he hunts down Rodney Hamptons I need. Sometimes he helps me fill sets from the many 90's ones I have. And other times he will hit me up with NY Giants hits and Griffey cards. The one thing I am only certain of, it was going to be worth ripping this envelope open.

So I let it rip,

Some Juniors.




I thought these postcards were super cool. I liked these a lot and will most likely display them in the man cave (whenever I get the chance to expand it some)

David Wilson rookie relic from Rookies and Stars. It's the True Blue parallel. How perfect.

Another David Wilson relic this time from Prestige.

Andre Williams in probably the best Panini product I have ever opened. The 2014 Absolute was a great looking product and the hits were amazing. Not sure why they didn't keep products going like it.

Haven't seen one of these, great addition for my Andre Williams PC

Akeem Ayers auto. He has a unique signature

One of the many failed Giants TE draft picks over the years, at least I think they paid off with the drafting of Evan Engram

Sweet two color patch of Ryan Nassib. Nassib was a highly touted guy and at one point was projected to be a top draft pick. But, he fell to the Giants in the later rounds and never made a name for himself. I guess the great part is I can keep adding his cards for next to nothing!

Jerrel Jernigan showed a lot of promise and played a few great games in blue. Not sure why the Giants ever let him go.

This is also a great card as it's a letterman. Have been thinking about doing Parts Of The Past by letterman like I did with Sport Card Collectors. Not sure how far I have left to go.

And the finale was this Rueben Randle auto relic from another Panini brand favorite, Panini Black. The gold ink and black background making for a sparking card.

A big thanks goes out to Dennis for another great mail day. I always enjoy unwrapping your cardboard mysteries and never knowing what I may find. I have more cards coming your way soon as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment