Saturday, June 22, 2019

Let's Talk About Sets Volume 8

Let's talk about sets baby
Let's talk about it with me
Let's talk about all the good things
And the bad things that may be
Let's talk about sets (1995)
Let's talk about sets (Sportflix)
Let's talk about sets (Uh huh)
Let's talk about sets....

1991 song by Salt-N-Pepa was about a much different topic than I am turning it into. You see, I am staying on topic with cards. Not,well, what they were talking about. This newest segment about the 90's will focus on my set chases (the ones I have already used for a Origins Post or don't plan on using) and new additions to them along with updates on how far I have gotten.

It's time for us to sit down and have that discussion between your parents and you that you tried to avoid. You know, that conversation you have with them about the Flairs and the Pinnacles. Kids, it's time to Talk About Sets.

And today we go down and dirty with Sportflix and their insert Man2Man. (by the way today marks the 4400 post published on this blog)

One of my best pulls in the product ever was a Man2Man of Dan Marino and Troy Aikman. I believe at the time it had a book value of $20 at the time but with the power of eBay, the values have dropped over the years. But, not my love of the insert.

So far I only have 5 of the set, I need to check that number  as I think it's 7 with today's latest adds. Still have a few to go before I can complete it including some of the bigger named players. Once again, I can't do sets by myself and will need help from you guys.

But, here is a look at the two new ones I picked up over at Burbank Sportcards:
Jerry Rice and JJ Stokes

Drew Bledsoe and my favorite Kerry Collins, his rookie year

Great, affordable additions towards my set chase.

Thanks for taking a minute out to see how I got down and dirty this time. Next time, sets may get even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment