Wednesday, January 15, 2020

NYG PC SPOTLIGHT: Darius Slayton

The NY Giants didn't have a lot of bright spots in 2019, but a couple of their bright spots were rookies. One the QB, the other this future stud WR from Auburn.

I was already a fan of Darius after the draft and felt there was something special with him. After grabbing a ton of his cards early on for those just in case situations, I found out I was right.

Darius posted great numbers with 48 rec with 740 yards and 8 TD's. And this is with him missing multiple games to start the season. I imagine he would have nailed down double digit TD's and 1,000 yards. But, at least I know what to expect for next season.

I have been pretty successful in adding Slayton cards this year by picking some up early through small purchases and multiple trades as many looked at him as a 6th round pick with no future. Well, he proved them wrong.

Here's my top cards for my Darius Slayton PC so far,



(the first autograph I grabbed)


 

v
(one of my favorites)











 
If you lost track, that was 16 autographs in that PC this year. Many are great looking cards that just caught my eye. 

I hope to see big things from Darius in 2020 to help propel this Giants team to be great again. I think they have a good nucleus of WR's right now. In the meantime, I will continue to grab what I can of him and get help from others in trades as well. I am collecting all of his cards and not just the hits. Those were just the spotlight of my PC for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment