Sunday, May 17, 2020

Rodney's Cardboard:1996 Finest Gold Refractor

It's that day of the week again, a day I show off the latest Rodney Hampton addition!

Today's was a long awaited card that once I saw, I grabbed.

1996 was a great year for Topps Finest with its multi leveled base cards and refractor parallels. One card I have been wanting and wasn't sure I was ever going to find was the Gold refractor since they are so rare. I tried to research how hard these were, but couldn't find the exact details and  my mind is shady to remember such facts from over 24 years ago. I once knew it.

Either way, it's a very tough pull.

One finally popped up on COMC via eBay and I wasn't going to let it sit there for the taken. Instead, I took it.

I couldn't quite capture it's golden refractoryness

Backside of the card tells us it's a rare card level just for the gold aspect. That's not even adding on the fact it's a refractor.

This also finishes up my 1996 Finest needs.

The more Rodney's I find, the closer I am to getting them all. I keep seeing my Google Sheet being covered in yellow, which  makes me happy but sad at the same time knowing probably at some point I could have them all and that's it. Or it could narrow me down to just 1/1's I may never find and that could be it.

But, at least I have plenty of other PC's to pass the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment