Sunday, July 5, 2020

Rodney's Cardboard:1997 Upper Deck Black Diamond

FINALLY!

Is all I can say about this card. These don't pop up too often or at all. I have been watching one on eBay that COMC had for $15 but couldn't see myself pulling the trigger. It was priced way too high which is how I feel about all Hamptons that COMC has on eBay.

Luckily, a few have popped up on eBay that I got for 1/4th of the price of what they were charging.

This time, another Black Diamond Hampton popped up on eBay with the same $15 price tag. I rolled my eyes and bit my tongue for about a month watching the seller re-list 4 times before I finally messaged them and offered $6. Now don't call me a low baller because I am not. I am a realist. There was no way a Rodney Hampton base card, despite it's somewhat rarity should ever go for $15.

The seller at first said no, I can't do that. Then I explained how big of a Hampton fan I was and how I have been watching for some time. They came back with an offer of $6 and said I wouldn't get tracking for it but they would ship it safely in a CD package. Which I was more than fine with and about six days later, the card arrived in perfect shape.

Front. It features three diamonds which is one of the tougher ones to land.

Back side. Look at those Rodney's stats.

I am glad to finally have this one knocked down, only problem now is to wait on the gold which I am not sure will ever be posted or probably be posted for a reasonable deal. Those are numbered to 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment