Sunday, August 13, 2023

TV Week

In the 90's, cards were offered in all forms.

They were in cereals, they were on boxes, they were food issued, in newspapers and were even free in magazines.

It makes me wished I had hoarded my magazines and not tossed them.

But, can't go back in time yet.

*come on DeLorean*

Recently when searching for Seinfeld cards, I discovered TV Week-the magazine that talked about your favorite TV shows and had guides to I believe-offered cards in their weekly magazine. Not sure if it was every week the cards appeared or how they even were included, but they were because I have proof!

Upon my research, I found out that Seinfeld has one but that was way out of reach for me with most running up in the $70 range. It's probably considered the rookie card of Seinfeld since it came before the 2011 Topps American Pie release.

So, I looked at a few other shows I wanted instead that were more in my range.
Like Home Improvement. Absolutely died laughing at this show every week. Tim Allen did a great job with his character along with the supporting cast.

And how cool is this to see a fan mail address, wonder what it would get me now if I wrote to it....

I was hoping once Last Man Standing ended that Tim would revive this show again but so far, nothing.

The next show my parents wouldn't let me watch, for some reason horror was okay but not Rosanne.
So, when I got older, I began watching it and really enjoyed it.

I even enjoyed the revival of the show when they brought it back on ABC, it felt like it never left and it was fun how they included "today's times" into it, until they fired Rosanne for a few comments made. I didn't watch a single minute of The Conners. 

Other than the Seinfeld one, I would love to add The Simpsons and The Nanny ones. Maybe someday.

Thoughts on these cards and if you have any in your collection welcomed below in comments.

1 comment: