Friday, February 15, 2019

I Had A Visit From Wax Heaven

The 90's are alive and well over at The Baseball Card Blog and so isn't the life of a Jose Canseco collector.

I have enjoyed being a follower of @TheWaxHeaven and checking out his tweets and posts when they pertain to his passion of the 90's and showing off 90's cards. Because I feel the same way. There may be a time soon where I change things up a bit to something similar on here. Hmm.....

In the meantime, I wanna show off some contest scores I won from @TheWaxHeaven on Twitter. One card I have waited over twenty years for, mostly because I forgot about it.

The National Bowman Chrome shiny card. Everyone knows me and shiny cards.

WHOA! This is a bonus? Yeah I know right I would have entered the contest just to win this! 90's refractors are the greatest and I will take them all day til the cows come home.

A youngin' of a Canseco picture with a nice bat swatch in there.

And the beauty I have waited forever to own, a 1998 Bowman Chrome International Refractor of Yankees Orlando Hernandez. It's truly a stunning card! I never even pulled the base rookie back in 1998 as he was one of the hottest prospects back then. Now I need to find myself the other parts of this card, the base and regular refractor. Of course I bet they are much easier and affordable now then they once used to be. Sometimes you have so many chases that you forget about certain cards you always wanted to add and now this one can be taken off from the memory bank when my mind resurfaces that I want to add the other parts to this card.

Huge thanks to Mario over @TheWaxHeaven and if you aren't following him please do so. Also check out his blog The Baseball Card Blog for 90's, Canseco mail days and much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment