Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Retail Break 'Em: 2014 Topps Chrome Baseball Rack Pack Part 3

Every year since 1996, I have chased down Topps Chrome. I don't know what it is about the product, but I just love it.

This year I was a big more intrigued by the baseball version than most years due to Jose Abreu. You will catch onto this with my many breaks of it. For the third time I broke a rack pack. Each rack, or what Topps now calls "value pack", comes with 3 Topps Chrome packs and one bonus pack that has 3 Orange refractor parallels. These packs run you about $10.


My rookies:

Refractors and X-Factors. I always wonder what pitchers are saying behind their gloves. "Hey, sup. So you wanna come over Friday and play some PS3?"
 The orange refractors.
And a little boom. Despite his failure in the playoffs, he is still the leagues top pitcher. This is a tough Sepia Refractor pull coming in at 1:105.
Overall, I can't argue with Chrome. Value is found here once again. I definitely feel like I got my money back. If not in card value, at least in the cards themselves.  Topps Chrome once again proves to be the hobby's bright spot in retail.

No comments:

Post a Comment