Thursday, November 10, 2016

Breakin Wax:1996 Collectors Edge President's Reserve Series 1 Pack Break

It seemed only fitting that I post this pack break as my next retro bust from my Jammin JD Sports Cards retro crate with the presidential election just completed.

You won't find any Trump or Hillary in here, just fun clear acetate cards with the biggest names in the NFL.


In every pack of 1996 Collectors Edge Presidents Reserve, you will find yourself 6 acetate cards whether it's base or inserts. Packs on the Jammin JD Sports Cards website run $2.25 each (which is much less than they used to be in 1996) and you can find those HERE.

In order for me to show off their greatness, I put them on a green counter top to show you how the card lays out.

As you can see with the Willie Jackson here, the outside of the card is clear acetate with some gold trim. The inner part is a blue box with a featured player. All acetate.
 
Let's have some fun with these cards to since the product has the word President in it.

Willie wants to "Catch Your Vote" for his election slogan.

 
Jason Elam is "Kicking His Way In" as his slogan.

 
If you vote Jerome, he will offer "Free Bus Rides"

 
Terry wants to "Run For Your Vote".


Bruce Smith says "Vote For Me Or Else"
 
Overall, no insert finds but I had fun busting it and posting them. I didn't buy a lot of the product when it came out and it appears the cards I pulled in this break are all new so that's a plus.

Thoughts on today's break welcomed below!

No comments:

Post a Comment