Friday, March 27, 2020

Kerry's Cardboard:1997 Bowmans Best Mirror Image Atomic Refractor

Okay, okay, so maybe I said a little lie. My mail day from Dennis over at Too Many Verlanders blog wasn't completely done yet. He also sent along some sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet Kerry Collins for my PC including today's card.

I mean, the cards he sent are at the top of my most favorite Kerry Collins cards I own and today's card is definitely Top 5.

1997 Bowman's Best was a fun, brilliant and colorful product. It didn't need 26 parallel pizazz to bring the heat. We had a simple three card level for base cards and inserts.

One of those inserts was Mirror Image which showcased four players. Each side had two players which Mirror Imaged each other. These inserts fell 1:48 packs, not easy in itself to find and had a refractor that was 1:96 odds and then a much, much tougher Atomic Refractor that fell 1:192 packs and low and behold, Dennis found one of those in the wild for me.

Kerry's Mirror Image is of Troy Aikman. I remember the great games those two played against each other in the 90's, even in the post season.

On the back, I really don't see the Mirror Image here, but Kordell and Vinny. I do like the old Ravens logo and jersey though. Also a fan of Kordell.

Thanks to Dennis for finding this beauty of a card for me.

I will have more Kerry's to show from this mail day from Dennis over the next few weeks. All were eye popping so I suspect you will be back to read about em!

No comments:

Post a Comment