Monday, October 19, 2020

18

I was trying to think of a way to integrate the number 18 into today's post using the NY Giants.

But, I couldn't.

I could have written about some punter, a back up QB or WR or maybe even tackle the fact they beat the 18-0 Patriots in Super Bowl 42, but I think I have done enough of that.

So it got me to thinking, what other player wore the jersey that I am a fan of?

That's right, this guy.

This is Peyton Manning to some but to me he is known as Eli Manning's older brother who may have done a few things or two in the NFL. Maybe he won a couple of Super Bowls, was a Super Bowl MVP, was a 5x league MVP, and led the league many times in many passing game categories. He may also own a few records both team and league.

I wouldn't say I am a huge die card collector of his chasing all of his cards, but I have put together a pretty solid collection of Peyton Manning cards that extends over 300 different ones including a couple of autographs. I don't have an exact number yet as I am continuing to put stuff away and recount everything.Those updates to come on here.

Like the three cards in today's post that I pack pulled from 2020 Donruss football.


Just hopefully it won't take me 18 recounts of his cards to get a spot on number.
 
And another fun fact about Peyton, he coincidentally played in the league for 18 years.
 
How's that for adding an extra way of using the number 18 for today's post?
 
Why is the number 18 so significant today on October the 19th? Well, it's my 18th wedding anniversary and this was a way to say Happy Anniversary to my wife who I love and appreciate more every day for all that she does. What she does is too much to list or go into detail about on here but in the hobby alone she puts up with my blogging, constant cardboard discussions and for giving me a Matt Cave for my hobby.
 
18 years is a long time as Peyton could tell you, but unlike him I don't plan on retiring from my wife. Though I am sure she may feel like retiring from me some days.

Happy Anniversary to my wife of 18 years, here's to another 18 and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment