Thursday, October 29, 2020

The Origins Of A Cardboard Addict: Monsters Of The Gridiron

Guess what's back...back again...The Origins Of A Cardboard Addict..it's back so tell a friend...guess what's back...guess what's back...

The return of The Origins Of A Cardboard Addict series is less Eminem and more like the return of Michael Myers or Jason Vorhees. Just when you think its dead, a bolt of lightning or idea revives it. This is the first time in almost a year I have posted a new part to this series I claimed dead at the end of 2019 and this latest one will also mark the third one in a group of Halloween posts. Guess you could say I have started a 80's horror saga of it.

1994 marked my final Trick Or Treating adventure at the age of 11 which is roughly the age a lot of kids lose interest in the holiday. My last rendezvous was an interesting one as it was the only time I didn't wear a glow-in-the dark Jason mask out to get candy. Mainly because I lost mine from the previous years and there were no more on the shelves as my parents waited until the day before to look for something. Instead, I wore a hideous light blue paint with childish ghost stickers that stuck to it. It was quite embarrassing as it was intended more for a four year old, but it's all they could afford and find on the day before so in order to get candy, you have to do what you have to do.

That night we went around to the usual spots but some weren't giving out candy and others had very little. It all led to the final sign that my Trick Or Treating was coming to an end.

If only I had the same options for costumes as the NFL Players did in the 1994 Coca Cola Monsters Of The Gridiron.

 

A spooky sheriff Emmitt

 

Cornelius about to tear apart the offensive line....and you


Zorro will slice and dice!


Move over Mr.Freeze, Pat Swilling is over here Chillin'


Who didn't grow up and worry that those Scarecrows in the dark corn fields at night weren't thinking of  a way to enter your house while you were sleeping...


Snakes are one of my greatest fears. If Freddy had visited my dreams, this is what he would have looked like


Tom is a Psycho....let's hope he doesn't have mommy issues as well


When I think Hyenas, I don't picture something as scary as Hardy Nickerson, I picture the goofy cross-eyed one from The Lion King.

This is only a few of the cards in the 31 card set. These cards came as a set and were distributed at the 1995 Super Bowl Card Show VI in Miami in exchange for 10 wrappers from any 1994 NFL card set.

The ones above may have finally finished up my set chase thanks to @tmchbmatt, but I will have to double check.

With only a couple of days left before Halloween, I sure hope you have picked out your children's costumes already. Don't let them have a Halloween or final Halloween like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment