Friday, October 23, 2020

Platinum Allure

Every few months, my buddy and big time Sport Card Collectors reader @gradyfishinsea sends me a box full of inserts from a multitude of sports. It's like a treasure trove dig and is amazing.

A good portion of those inserts are shiny and everyone knows what shiny to a collector does...reels them right in.

Especially those like myself.

I mentioned a few times on here how I don't know a lot about hockey anymore since it was in the 90's I used to watch the NY Rangers and Colorado Avalanche, but I still collect the cards regardless. That's the way I am with other sports as well and not just hockey.

There are some hockey cards I prefer more than others still and some day my four biggest needs, a rookie card each of Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux along with autographs of both too, will be knocked down somehow. In the meantime, I will just enjoy the shiny stuff.

And there was plenty of shiny to find that Grady passed along for hockey. Most of which came from Upper Deck products O-Pee-Chee Platinum and Allure. They both are hockey's version of chrome cards.

Let's see a gallery of most of the ones he sent,

 

(this card still has my attention)





The only exception out of the shiny that wasn't those two products was this Tomas Hertl

which came from Sp Game used.

This is only a minor section of what Grady passed along in this mail day. There is so much more to show off as I go along and I will be breaking it all down into separate posts. It will be impossible to showcase every card he sent along but I will do my best to tackle to most standout ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment