Sunday, October 25, 2020

Rodney's Cardboard:2020 The Bar Hybrid Edition


2020 has been packed with surprises, no doubt about that, even in the hobby as it has taken flight once again.

My Rodney Hampton collection as well has seen a few surprises this year pop up.

Cards I have waited years on are trickling onto eBay, he was in Mosaic as a signature and then today's added surprise when I found a listing with his named attached to The Bar product which is created by Super Products.

This "card" isn't the prettiest site in the world, but as a Super Collector, if it has his name and is legit, you gotta have it.



The card is simply a cut autograph from a 8x10 photo, which I recognized because it was in my watch list, with Rodney getting away from a Vikings defender. In the corner he signed this in the photo so Super Products cleaned cut it and glued it onto some black cardboard.


The back of the cardboard. I didn't need the authenticity as that is definitely Rodney's signature, but it's a nice touch to tell it apart as a real card and not a subject of an experiment by myself.

I was just glad the card wasn't too expensive but it does make me wonder how many of these or how many versions of it exist. I can't seem to locate a checklist for the product and since this isn't numbered 1/1 anywhere, it strikes my curiosity. 
 
At the time of typing this, 10/18, there are no more versions of this card to be found listed anywhere.

What do you guys think about cards like this? Yay! Nay! Let me hear your thoughts and if you would add something like this to your collection if you super collect a certain player.

No comments:

Post a Comment