Thursday, April 28, 2022

Not My Usual Pickup

There are just some teams I simply don't like.

Most of those teams involve either players I don't care for or I simply don't like the team in general. I may not always have a reason for the hate either.

Most of the teams I don't like include New England teams. You know, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, and Patriots I have pure hatred for and hope they lose every game. There are other teams out there though I just can't stand for one reason or another that I will never root for. 

On that list is a popular team among the blogosphere and Twitter in the Dodgers. Sorry Night Owl Cards and others, I just don't like your team.

Most of the time you won't see me add to my collection from those teams but sometimes I make exceptions. Especially for a unique card.

I have always been into unique relic cards, the kind of relics you don't see every day. Pants, Gloves, Football, Shoes and today's, baseball. I don't think I own a single baseball swatch in my collection so that changed recently when I picked one up.

We will just ignore the fact it has a Dodger on it. Though Brown was an awful overpaid Yankee pitcher at one point.

I thought this card was unique the second I discovered it on eBay. The swatch alone with the word baseball on it had me.

Here is a closer look at the swatch. It's also dirty so you know it was game used.

 
However, there was no guarantee that Brown used the ball. It was just the fact that the Dodgers had used the ball at one point in the 2001 season.

Still cool regardless.

Thoughts on today's addition and whether you own a card with a baseball swatch is welcomed in comments. I will accept comments from any team's fans, though some of you may despise me now.

3 comments:

  1. If you're gonna get a card with a piece of a baseball in it, you couldn't do much better than this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hit an Acuna ball with the World Series logo on it from Tribute last year and got it into the hands of a big Acuna collector in my area. Topps should do more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. I hate certain teams too: New York Yankees, Dallas Cowboys, and the San Francisco 49ers. I'm not a big fan of the Chicago Bears, San Francisco Giants, or Los Angeles Dodgers either... but I don't really hate them. I think if the Dodgers end up winning a bunch of World Series over the next few years, then the "dislike" will turn to "hate". Honestly... a lot of it has to do with whether or not my friends and family are obnoxious about their team's success.

    B. I love unique relic cards too. Very cool card. If I had to guess, I'd say I have a relic card with a piece of baseball sitting in my collection somewhere. I know I have game-used basketball, football, and puck cards.

    ReplyDelete