Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Riding The Rookie Wave

Randomly inserted in packs of 2021 Playoff, was the Rookie Wave insert line.

As soon as I saw one of the cards, I had to see if a Giant existed on the checklist because I was hooked on the design.

On the checklist was Giants rookie WR Kadarius Toney. I knew I had to have it, so just like that I went and got myself a copy. The theme of the card along with the actual wave makes this card attractive to me.

When I found out the card also had parallels, that's when my next chase began. I told myself early on in my chase I wasn't going to do the whole rainbow look as it would probably be expensive to do so, but I did tell myself to chase as many as I can.

So I did.
Silver

Purple

Red

Blue

Pink

Die Cut

All together at this point.

There is also a Gold /10 my buddy @90sNicheFBcard nicely grabbed for me that I will get at some point.

So all that remains is the Touchdown parallel 1/1. I didn't expect to get this close to the rainbow but now that I am there, I have to finish it right?

Thoughts on my chase, the design and if you have build any rainbows recently welcomed in comments.

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. I like the fact that it looks like a 90's insert set. Is it on thick card stock too? That's what I think of when I think of 90's Playoff. Best of luck landing the 1/1 and completing the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete