Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Everybody Makes Mistakes

The great philosopher Miley Cyrus, if you consider a great philosopher one who rides a wrecking ball, once sang on Hannah Montana that "Everybody makes mistakes. Everybody has those days" in her song Nobody's Perfect. All I can say that I had one of those days last week.

The plan I had come up with was simple, I would retire all three of my blogs and start a new blog combining the best things from the three. As the saying goes, there was a monkey wrench thrown into those plans or a monkey throwing a wrench at me was more like it.

As I started putting together a new blog and had it all set up, I realized all of the work it was going to take to remarket the blog, get it out there, etc. So, I thought to myself, if I am retiring my biggest blog, why not use that bigger stage as my main stage for the new blog? That way I can start over and not have to worry about having to spread the word on another blog.

I began the process of cleaning this blog up, first I downloaded the contents of the blog then imported them into another blog. Then I deleted every post on here for the past ten years. I was feeling good about the new direction despite having some struggles with coming up with a name.

Once again, that darn monkey came back and hit me with another wrench, and I decided that I no longer wanted to stick with those plans. I wanted to preserve this blog as Sport Card Collectors and keep it retired that way and focus on my other two blogs going forward.

That led me to the process of trying to import the posts back on here....except this time the monkey came back with a sledgehammer and hit me pretty good as the posts will not re-import on here anymore. I have tried for the past week and a half to bring them back but they just won't import. The verification process ends every time and it won't complete the upload.




I have tried it on multiple WiFi's, Mobile Hot Spots, laptop, phone, different web browsers and nothing is working.

In return, this brought upon a lot of disappointment, sadness and frustration and maybe a little depression. I had to work through a lot, which what led to me not posting much and not even being on Twitter that actively.

This now brings us to today. I have decided not to let this bother me any further and as Bob Ross stated, "we don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents", that this exactly what happened here, a happy little accident. It can be fixed, it may not be the way I want it to be fixed but it can be done in another way.

Today, I introduce to you, One GIANT Blog For CollectorKind (Since the comments were deleted, I can't thank the one who came up with most of the blog name either. Thank you whoever you were.). It may not have ten years of blogging or comments anymore, but what it does have is the heart which is myself and the memories of Sport Card Collectors.

This blog will turn out to be the blog I planned when I started this deleting process. I hope all of you will continue to read this blog like you used to and get ready for some new fresh ideas along with some older ones.

Also, before I close the new beginning post on here, I wanted to let you know if you are interested in reading old posts from Sport Card Collectors, other than trying to read gibberish from a file stuck on my phone, you can also check out all 5700 posts on THIS BLOG.

Thanks for sticking around and new changes are coming soon.

Have a great Wednesday,
Matt

7 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the astronaut theme :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to find some catchy segment names

      Delete
  2. Moving forward without focusing on the past is one of the most difficult things to do. Kudos to you. Great things lie ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is challenging and I don't expect it to be easy, but I think my head is in the right place now to make it work.

      Delete
  3. I know all about indecision and blogging, especially as of late. And it does suck that your posts aren't where you want them, but at least you didn't lose them all. I seem to recall hearing about that happening to somebody around the time that I started blogging. Did you try asking for assistance from someone on the Blogger Help Forum? I've had two different problems over the years, and both times I was able to go there and get help from some folks who were much smarter than I as far as computer stuff goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did look into that and even messaged that blogger community they always push about. Never heard back. I wished there was just an actual help section on here and someone i can speak to or message or email directly

      Delete
  4. Glad you're able to move forward and not let this bother you. You're a much better person than me when it comes to things like that. If all of my posts and comments were gone one day, I'd be devastated. But in general... I try my best to not let most things bug me... at least in the long run. Anyways... glad you were able to at least salvage your posts.

    ReplyDelete