Friday, April 29, 2022

Breakin' Wax:2021 Playbook Football Mega Box

Every week when I go to Walmart, there is no shortage of finding cards anymore.

Between the prices and the overflow, there is always something to buy.

The only problem is, these products don't come with a "don't buy me" warning.

For example today's box. It's a overpriced retail box that didn't quite provide much, check it out here,

Every mega box of 2021 Playoff football comes with 4 packs of 5 cards. Each box has an autograph or memorabilia card and each box is $50.

The base cards are kinda bland with a little action photography. They mainly focus on the player.

Here were the rookies I pulled in this break. Harris was the best one but the one I was most excited about was the Quincy Roche rookie which was my first Giants card of his.

Each box also guarantees two bronze parallels, here were mine.

I believe one of these parallels are per box as well. These look amazing, just wished I had pulled a Giants one. I may need to track one down.

Next up were my insert pulls,


(nice Fields!)

The insert designs for this product were kinda lame. Felt like filler cards or subset cards to me.

Now onto what you money banks on in this break. The hit....
Memorabilia card of Derrick Henry. Nothing too special, great player, but definitely not worth the $50 price tag.

Overall, this box was awful. I have seen this on the shelves a few times now at Walmart and left it. I don't plan on going back for another round at all.

Thoughts on this break welcomed in comments.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, those base cards really don't do much, but the inserts were a real snoozefest. That's the direction many sets are going with, and even though I'd prefer to be surprised when I buy a box, I tend to look up a product checklist before I commit [due to the prices] to see what the inserts look like. Could have been worse though, could have been a plain white jersey swatch to complete a mostly dull product. Curious now how the autographs look. Thanks for doing us all a public service with the box break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see blasters back on shelves. Hopefully we've seen the end of the Flipping Era.

    P.S. Nice relic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing off the cards so that we don't have to drop $50! It just seems like Panini releases dozens of sets that don't differentiate from each other, other than them putting the brand name on the front.

    ReplyDelete