Saturday, April 30, 2022

Burbank Pickups Of The Month:April 2022 Edition


My latest mail day from Burbank Sportcards Beckett Marketplace took me on a trip to the 90's.

I will always take that trip 100% of the time and wished it was a real-life trip.

A 90's insert trip works for now though.

It's amazing how I am lead to certain inserts or products. I don't specifically look up these inserts, they just happen to find me. If I think they are cool, I will add them to the card.

Just like these 1999 E-X Century E-Xtrodinary inserts that fell 1:9 packs. The design reminds me of the bubble insert that Topps used in its Bowman inserts. This one has more of a lenticular feel to it than those did.

There wasn't a huge selection of players but I did grab one of each they had available.



I know what you are thinking and I agree, they just don't make them like they used to. Today's inserts are way too plain. If these existed today they would be considered case hits which are the only cool inserts made now-a-days.

The next round of cards I actually needed for my set chase, but I was once again led to them as I forgot I had started this set chase.

Rookie Rising fell 1:11 packs back in 1997 Zenith, the last year of the awesome product of the 90's.

I found four I needed for my set including a Giants one I didn't know existed in the set,


(awesome)


And that does it for this part of the mail day. There are other cards in this mail day but they will be apart of Kerry's, Eli's Cardboard segments.

Have a great day and comments welcomed on these cards below!

Remember, you too can order from Burbank Sportcards Beckett Marketplace and Save 10% off your orders from Burbanks Sportscards on Beckett Marketplace. Use Code: 15BURBANK at checkout to do so! Also spend $50 and you will get free shipping. BOOM!

Shop their millions of items in inventory now by clicking THIS LINK HERE:
https://marketplace.beckett.com/burbanksportscards_21/

1 comment:

  1. Charlie Batch is someone that you rarely hear about anymore. I think I'll have to now go and see what he's been up to.

    ReplyDelete