Friday, April 15, 2022

Rodney's Cardboard:1994 Starting Lineup

It's been a while since I have posted any new Rodney Hampton updates, normally I do it on Sunday's, but with this Sunday being Easter and with another post prepared for then, I will just dive in and do one today.

One thing I feel to make yourself a true Super Collector of a player is that you must have more than cards. Yes, cards are great and all but to really establish yourself as the main guy, you must mix in some other stuff. For Rodney, I have an autograph football, autograph mini helmets, autograph jersey, uncut sheets of cards, and oddball cards. But, what I was really lacking was some 8x10's and some figures. 

That ended at Christmas time when my buddy Wes hit me up with two of the three Rodney Hampton Starting Lineups I needed.

Today, we take a look at the 1994 Starting Lineup.
 
His 1994 figure comes with a card and the figure.

 
The back features some studs including Jerry Rice, Brett Favre, and Jerome Bettis to name a few.

Thanks goes out to Wes for helping me add this one to the collection.

Going forward, I expect Rodney's Cardboard to return to its normal Sunday spot until I run out of him to post as I haven't added a lot of new ones recently. It has been more challenging now that there are not many Rodney's remaining and not many new ones out there to chase.

I hope everyone has a GOOD FRIDAY.

4 comments:

  1. My family did card shows in the early 90s and always had Starting Lineups available. These local players were always made in shorter quantities than the big national stars. Nice add to the PC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... are you gonna open it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome figure. I love that it's still in the package. My friend and I were talking about how over the years, SLU's lost their luster... so many collectors started popping them open to save space and to get the card. I know there will never be a shortage of sealed SLU's, but there are definitely a lot less than back in the day.

    ReplyDelete