Sunday, April 17, 2022

Easter Memories

 
It's Easter. The time of year where we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ or for some, celebrate chocolate.

While I was sorting earlier this week, I tried to search for a couple of cards I can use for an Easter post. That's when I found a card of a chicken (above) and an egg (below). It didn't take me very long to think of something to post about with those two cards as memories started to flow in.

With the chicken, I was suddenly hit with the memory of my uncle going around the grocery stores clucking like the Cadbury Bunny. I assume most of you reading this today have seen those commercials for the Cadbury bunny tryouts where different animals try to stake claim as the Cadbury bunny making sounds different than their actual animal character. However, in the end of that commercial, there is only one Cadbury bunny.  Whether that be the actual Cadbury bunny or my uncle. 

I just remember how many heads he turned when we went shopping together. He would just randomly start clucking as loudly as he could like the Cadbury bunny just to get me to laugh and to make himself laugh as well while making many others worry about his state of mind.

Those were some fun times. Sadly, my uncle passed away a couple of years ago but the memories of him still live on.

Now we move onto the egg card.
 
First of all, I always found it interesting that Topps created such a card, but I also find it cool. That's probably why I paid $5 a couple years ago just to have it. I guess I created that memory as well.

Along with that new memory, the egg card also brought me back to my childhood Easters. I grew up poor, so I didn't get huge Easter baskets full of candy and toys like many of my friends got.  The one thing I would get every year were the chocolate covered marshmallow eggs that came in a carton. They were cheap, they tasted cheap, but it was a gift from them, so I enjoyed it even though I wasn't the biggest fan.

Anytime I see that package in stores, it brings me back to that time. This card actually did as well.

Before I close up today's post, I wanted to take a second out to thank Jesus for dying on the cross for me and for forgiving me for my sins.

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter, spend time with your families make some memories and if you want, comment with some of your favorite memories below. Or cluck like my uncle while you are reading this. The choice is yours.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Easter. My fondest Easter memories involved decorating eggs and participating in Easter egg hunts. Nothing too exciting... but lots of candy and egg salad sandwiches the week after. These days, the holiday marks Spring Break each year... which is something I'm very thankful for.

    ReplyDelete