What are my thoughts? Well, follow link to see!
In each hobby box of 2015-2016 Panini Clear Vision there are 5 Packs per box with 4 Cards Per Pack. Each box guarantees 2 Rookies, One Insert, and Two Parallels Per Box. Boxes don't guarantee hits per box and boxes run around $70. This was posted on Panini's Knight's Lance blog on the autographs, "2015-16 Clear Vision Basketball will deliver three autographs per case on average" just to give you some insight.
The base cards in Clear Vision are drastically improved. They remind me more of EX of the late 90's. The player, unlike the football version that printed them on the acetate, is actually printed on cardboard and put on the acetate creating a raised appeal like EX did.
The base set is built of veterans, rookies and rookie revisions totaling 141 cards to collect.
Here is a side look at it. I think this drastically improves the look of the base cards.
The base rookies have the same design besides the background and have photo variations that fall 1:28 packs.
The base cards also include Rookie Revisions that uses player rookie year photos. There are photo variations to these as well. Between rookies and Rookie Revisions there are 36 overall variations to collect. I can't seem to find a gallery to link you to of the variations so I can't tell if I have any either. If you know of one, please comment with it.
Parallels are pretty easy to see. As I wanna joke, they are pretty CLEAR to me.
There are Blue #/149, Red #/99, Purple #/25, Gold #/10, Black 1/1
My box had a blue of Kevin Durant
And a red of Timberwolves rookie, Nemanja Bjelica
I didn't hit an autograph, but you can find CLEAR VISION SIGNATURES which features vets and rookies and VISIONARY SIGNATURES which are legends that also can have short printed variations with inscriptions.
There also appears to be no jersey cards in the product but I don't think that hurts it too much.
Overall, I like the look of the overall product. Even the autograph offerings look nice. However, I am not quite sold on the price per box vs what you are getting. Seems a bit steep and a big gamble for a product only offering three autos per case. However, that does mean the autographs are actually worth something compared to other products that offer them per box.
I guess for me, I would like to see the box price drop to $50 and then I would be ok taking a gamble especially on a product that looks nice. Other than that, it would be a fun base set to chase down.
Now it's time for the giveaway!
It's as easy as can be to enter to win this Nemanja Bjelica parallel above. Just read and follow these rules:
- Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Panini America for providing this box for me to review and to host this/these nice giveaways with. Follow them on all social media sites and visit their site, HERE, as well.
- ***VERY IMPORTANT***MUST BE A U.S. RESIDENT to enter or have a shipping address in the U.S. Shipping costs have gone haywire and I can't afford to ship everywhere.This is always hard to do as I appreciate all readers but I hope you all understand non-U.S. readers.
- Random winner will be chosen after 7 randoms
- Card may be shipped PWE. I like to forewarn on this.
- LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW telling me your thoughts on this product
- EARN AN EXTRA ENTRY FOR SHARING THIS CONTEST ON YOUR BLOG AND/OR ON TWITTER. Make sure to leave your link in comments too so I can count it. If not, I won't be able to give you the credit. Commenting with it is very important or you WILL LOSE OUT an extra entry!
- Sport Card Collectors or it's owner (person who runs the blog), WILL NOT be held responsible for lost, stolen or damaged mail. Sorry had to add this in since someone tried to scam me once about this.
- Contest starts today, ends on June 5th 2016. Winner will be announced in a separate post on June 6th 2016.
- Don't forget to thank the above sponsor of this contest and I won't mind a thank you as well :)
Good luck to all that enter and thanks for reading!