Saturday, June 11, 2016

Reminiscing 90's SPECIAL EDITION:The Real Ghostbusters Ghost Sweeper Vehicle

Alright, I have some explaining to do. Yes, this segment is called, Reminiscing 90's. Yes, this is a toy from 1988. Yes, I do know the difference between 90's and 80's. However, I am making a case for this toy and keeping the segment still 90's because I watched the show mostly in the 90s and it ran from 1986-1991. So in order to make sure I do this right, I am keeping the toys as their real years, but I am coming up with random year of either 1990 or 1991 for the posts. That way it's as close to realistic as I can get and keeping tradition going with the posts.

I think my timing on this upcoming Ghostbusters mania is good due to the new movie releasing this year. I still don't know how I feel about that movie yet as I am one for originals of any movie, but we will see.

Thanks for reading and enjoy!

Key notes for May 20th 1990:
June 11th 1991 was a Sunday
George H.W.Bush was President
Most Popular Movie released in May of 1990 was Robin Hood Prince Of Thieves
Most Popular Book around this time was Loves To Dance by Mary Higgins Clark
Billboard Hot 100 number-one single on May 20th 1990 was Rush Rush by Paula Abdul
Most Popular TV Shows: Salute Your Shorts

FEATURED TOY:
Are you afraid of ghosts??? Well, with this, you can just sweep them away and trap them! I picked up this mint piece in that big Ghostbusters lot I bought awhile back for $25. These alone can go for $15 at least. I also have the figure and ghost which makes it more valuable.


 
FEATURED CARDS: So then I thought to myself, what theme can I go with here...then I thought that it would be fun to take one of these for a spin..hmm for a spin...I just sorted some PBA cards...so let me find a few of those that shows a bowling ball going for a spin. Well., here you go!

These are 1990 PBA Kingpins cards




 
 
So what do you guys think of either the cards, vehicle or the combo??

3 comments:

  1. Oh man... professional bowler cards. I've officially seen it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a bunch of Ghostbusters toys back in the day, but this one doesn't ring a bell.
    And yeah, never seen those pro bowling cards before. Kinda silly, but I guess back then, card companies threw anything on a card to see if people would buy it.

    ReplyDelete