Saturday, May 14, 2016

Mail Day Saturday:Trade With Tracy's Box Breaks

Tracy and I have been trading for awhile now. I consider what we do "blind trades" meaning that either party doesn't know what is coming. Those can be the more fun type of trades as long as you are not trading things of big value. Once in awhile we will give each other a small preview, but mostly we like the element of surprise. Today's mail day was full-blown surprise.

As always Tracy knows I collect a ton of Giants, NY Yankees and non-sport cards among many other things.

Up first, he sent me a few stacks of Giants rookies and base.

 
Even what I call a combo deal, Giants and shiny. I believe this may be my first Eli Manning refractor. Sad huh?

 
New Andre Williams for the PC. Both are Chrome to. Can't get any better.

 
Victor Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz pink Topps parallel. I don't think I have any Giants pink parallels so this was a cool addition.

 
Ereck Flowers Camo Chrome refractor.

 
And my oldest Giants cards. As I have said in the past, I don't collect a lot of vintage (although I know some of you call 90's that and that's not at all right) so these make my second and third Giants vintage cards.

 
I have always liked this design and when Topps does throwback inserts to it.

 
Like I said earlier, everything in this mail day was a surprise including this Willie Nelson relic that I had wanted over a year ago. Never thought I would actually land it. And to let you know, I don't listen to his music nor am I a fan of his "activities", but I think owning a piece of memorabilia from a music legend is pretty cool.

 
A really slick Andre Williams pink wristband memorabilia card. Another new one for that PC. I don't own any of these either and with my mother-in-law having gone through chemo last year for cancer, this is like a dedication to her.

 
And finally, a really nice Griffey addition to the PC. Number 809.
 
A big thanks goes out to Tracy for this trade. I have already begun a small stack for our next one.

Thoughts on this mail day are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment