Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunday's With Rodney:1995 Finest Booster Refractor

Just this past week I was posting about a trade I did with my buddy over at 90's Niche Football Card Blog and mentioned how I added some new Rodney Hamptons to the mix. Well, today's Sunday With Rodney is one of those.
1995 Finest included inserts called Boosters, which basically are a different photo of the base card. But they also included much tougher to pull Booster refractors. These fell 1:36 packs or 1:432 retail packs and shine beautifully against the design used in the product. I think Topps enjoyed this design so much that it was included apart of their insert throwback in 2015 Topps Finest.

Back in the 90's refractor parallels were much easier to differentiate. In the corner on the back they had a big R to tell us they were a refractor. Imagine how much easier today's refractors would be to figure out if they told us which refractor was what, especially when some look so similar and that there are so many of them.

2 comments:

  1. Nice card, those have to be quite scarce these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some mid 90's Finest refractors!

    ReplyDelete