Thursday, March 2, 2017

Reminiscing 90's:1994 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Heap Of Trouble Board Book

First off, don't ever judge a person who isn't under five and owns a board book haha.

Secondly, this isn't any board book. I am not learning about my ABC's in here. I am learning how the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers began! Something soon that all non-fans and those who don't remember the show will soon learn with the release of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie coming out by months end.

Even though it seems the movie is a bit different/darker from the show I watched, I am still excited about it's release and will have to see it at some point.

Here is the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers I knew in a quick board book summary.


 
It all started with Rita Repulsa being let out of a capsule after being locked in for thousands of years!

 
Zordon, the good guy,  had heard of this news and had to react fast. He gathered five teens with skills to his command center.

 
And soon those five teens would find out their fate from Zordon and why they were at his command center. They would soon know that they would be the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and would need to protect the universe from the evil Rita and her gang of monsters!
 
Of course that is just a quick summary of the beginning of the show and this book was only 8 pages long. There was so much cooler stuff that could have been discussed. Like how she threw her wand twirling towards the earth to make the monsters she created grow! Or the Zords, robot dinosaurs, that each Ranger owned that would combine into one Megazord to defeat that ginormous monster! Or how later on in the show it would add my favorite Ranger in Tommy, the Green Ranger who later on turned into the awesome White Ranger.  Not to mention when Lord Zedd comes into play and attempts to take over the universe with Rita.

Okay, I will stop now.

Anyways, sadly the board book is all that I have left of my Power Ranger items. I wished I had kept some of my figures like the spin-head Tommy and Jason or my White Tiger Zord. I sometimes look at them on eBay, but that's as far as I have gotten.
 
While we are at it, let's take a look back to 1994 near March 2nd and see what else was hot.
Day Of The Week:Wednesday
President:Bill Clinton
Popular Song:The Power Of Love by Celine Dion
Popular Movie: Four Weddings And A Funeral
Popular Book:The Client By John Grisham
Popular TV Show: The Secret Life Of Toys
Popular Video Game:Clockwork Knight
Thoughts on today's item or any of the memorable things listed above are welcomed in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment