Tuesday, September 11, 2018

You Can't Hide From Wes!

It was a dark and stormy night.....after acquiring two of the final three pieces for my Psych Seasons 1-4 autograph set, I sat and searched to no end for the final piece on the internet. It was no where to be found and became a Missing Card case.

Could I really get this close to the set and not finish it? Really? Really?

So as a sat there at my desk chair with the storm raging on, I was trying to figure out how to proceed forward and how I would feel if I wasn't able to finish this five year project being so close. Both the hobby OCD and collector in me would be driven mad if I couldn't complete it.

That's when out of nowhere the hobby Gods whispered a name into my head, Wes. Go to Wes. They said. So I followed their lead.

From what I had heard, he was a Card Whisperer, a Card Locator, a Card Bounty Hunter. Wes, the Card Bounty Hunter. Doesn't that sound like a TV series in the making? I think so.

So I met Wes that dark and stormy night in an alley-well it was a DM through Twitter but to keep this story more interesting lets keep it in the alley-and passed him the note with the name written down. Wes stood there in the pouring rain dressed in a black overcoat, black brimmed hat that showed very little of his face like WWE’s Undertaker and he just gave me a nod of confidence. I didn't need words from him to know I had the right man for the job. I went with my gut and with the guidance of the hobby Gods.

 He then disappeared into the darkness and I walked back home to await word from him. Would I be able to sleep knowing the last card of my chase was out there?  Probably not. Not until it was in its rightful home.

Less than 24 hours later, I received a message from Wes that we needed to meet up again, so we did in the alley that night.

Wes once again stood there in the darkness, however this time he held out a bubble envelope and nodded his head again, this time with a smile I could spy just under the hat. I had a good feeling when I peeled open the envelope revealing the goods on the inside....
 

Holy smokes. He found it. He also found it less than 24 hours later after I had searched for a year. How he did it, I will never know. Well, I sorta do but it's more fun to keep the mystery alive. In response to the find, I gave him a hug-or a Twitter DM equivalent of one- and that was enough for him. Wes is always one to feel joy when he gives joy to others. It's just who he is.

So there you have it. My big five year project is complete. I wouldn't have been able to complete it without the help of my hobby family especially in closing Wes. A big thanks goes out to all of you who put forth the great fight with me to help me complete this set. I put both sets together for a huge group picture tomorrow.

I now know if there is a card to find, turn to Wes The Card Bounty Hunter. He will deliver, even in the pouring rain. I am even more confident since this isn’t just a one time deal. Yes, this was only the first episode. There is a sequel in the works......

No comments:

Post a Comment