Thursday, September 13, 2018

REVIEW:2018 Topps Fire Baseball

Topps Fire returns yet again as a Target exclusive. Another one of those products I don't expect to see locally since Target's don't exist here. Well, the first one in the state is being built as I type this, but it will be over two hours away so I don't expect to go very often or at all.

Also like last year, there are multiple levels of Fire to burn your money on A Collector box, today's review, Value Box Blasters and Fat Packs. Each level has their own exclusive content. So there is much to chase for team or player collectors.

So let's check out what a Collectors Box has inside...

In every box of 2018 Topps Fire Collectors Box has 20 packs of 6 cards each. Boxes now come with one autograph (I think last year had 2) and one relic. Boxes run $70-$75 each.

The Topps Fire base card design sticks to the artistic touch of Tyson Beck who this year has players jumping out of the smoldering flames. It's very eye appealing, but still doesn't beat my favorite design from 2014 football. That was as cool as it comes.

The base card set is 200 cards with veterans, legends and rookies included.



Once again we find ourselves with parallels and they once again look amazing because of the design. These are Flame parallels that fall 1:4 packs.

 Here is a closer look at those. Bam! I wished this was the base card design!

Orange parallel. You can see that with the background color. These are numbered to 299 and fall 1:13 packs.

 Green Parallel. These fall 1:19 packs and are numbered to 199.

Other parallels to find are,
  • Blue Chip (Fat Pack only)
  • Gold Minted (Blaster only)
  • Purple /99 
  • Magenta /25
  • Onyx SSP
  • Inferno 1/1 
Inserts in Topps Fire look great. I like the inserts more than anything else in the product. Check out these Fired Up inserts. There are 15 cards in this set that falls 1:14 packs. I got me some Trout!

Flamethrowers also have 15 cards in the set and falls 1:14 packs as well.

Power Producers is pure gold. Well, not really but looks beautiful. These fall 1:14 packs and are a 15 card set.

Speed Demons also falls 1:14 packs, looks cool and is a 15 card set.

Cannons falls 1:14 packs and is a 15 card set.

And finally, Hot Starts that falls 1:14 packs.

 Now onto the hits. Sneak Peek, I did poorly.

First this Nicky Delmonico relic. Looks awesome, just not a top notch player.

And an autograph of Anthony Banda. Sigh. I think this Fire design is the one design that sticker autographs bothers me on. They just stick out on here.

Other hits I didn't find in my box include,
  • Dual Autograph
  • Triple Autograph
  • Fire Autograph Patch
OVERALL: I like the designs, especially the inserts, but the price point vs what I pulled was painful to see. Once again, I will say this over and over again, every product is a risk and you know going into buying anything that you are taking a risk. It just depends on what level of risk you are willing to take. Luckily with Topps Fire, there are three levels of products to buy.

I do strongly suggest trying some out. I have seen nice hits out of retail as well as hobby. And don't base it upon my poor box showing, just base it upon whether you like the product or not.

Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Topps for providing this box for me to review and to be able to add cards to the Fantasy Baseball Promo.  Follow Topps on all social media sites and visit their SITE, as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment