Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Nuttin But The Hits:Fairfield Football Card Re-Pack Box (HIT And Figure Included)

Last week I had to go pick up a few things at Rite Aid pharmacy and thought I would check out their card section. It's not usually the biggest section in the world, usually ten products mostly made up of Magic and Pokemon, but at the bottom of the section I noticed one lone pack/box of the Fairfield Football product I have seen so many people rave about. They had the baseball version as well but the baseball had a bad cover card and didn't include a figure like the football one. Both were the same price as well for $4.99 so I took the one that sounded better.

When I got home home I actually forgot about tucking this away and just remembered to open it today.


I was pleasantly surprised after busting it open.

My figure package was this TeenyMates which came with 2 football figures. One was the Texans, the other was the Lions. I really want the Giants one now.


Here was the unopened pack. Sigh. I have like 15 of these already unopened. I will save it for a rainy day. My expectation was like a  pack of 1992 Upper Deck or Pro Set or something.

I didn't take a picture of all of the cards, but I did take ones of the cards I could use the most in my PC.

Rookie of Daniel Franks. I know this isn't a super star, but I like my rookies.

Gold Topps parallel.

Two Hall Of Famers. I was always a fan of both even though Moss was a Patriot at one point.

Some other rookies. No big names here. I think for me the most recognizable is Pritchett from Detroit who I think ended up having a pretty decent career.

Hmmm nice insert and is apart of My Sets Of My Childhood but sadly I have it. But, I will hoard it none-the-less.

Nice group of guys here including Dak and a Lee Evans rookie.

Remember when these guys in the 2008 class were supposed to be awesome...well....McFadden was great when healthy and Long was okay.

Only my second Watson rookie card. Even though I don't consider Leaf a true rookie card. I feel that way with all unlicensed cards.

Dorsett was the nice cover card for me. He could surprise us all with Tom Brady throwing his way especially since the Pats lack WR help.

A Hit! Not the best or a guy I even know, but 1:4 boxes comes with one.
So overall, I got a hit, refractor, an unopened pack, a two pack of mini figures, some rookies and other cards from the 90's to bring back those memories for $4.99. I was definitely impressed and was left wanting more.

This product isn't obviously for everyone. Especially those only seeking the big hits but it does it's justice for those of us who simply enjoy the simple hobby pleasures.

How many of you have opened these?

No comments:

Post a Comment