Saturday, September 15, 2018

What's In The Mail Box:A Loaded Mail Box

Before I start with today's What's In The Mail Box, I will announce that most of my mail days will no longer be posted on here. I get so far behind I don't think it's fair for some of those waiting for me to post their mail days months down the road. My mail days on the other hand will be on Twitter @SportCardCollec where I also hosted a Twitter poll on where to share my mail days and it heavily favored on Twitter over my blog by a score of 89% to 11%. The only mail days that will appear on here will be NY Giants ones for Big Blue Sunday's and some others that may have a story attached to them. Keeping the Big Blue Sunday's segment as the main mail day posting will be a tad easier to keep up with as those mail days aren't quite as often. Today's post marks one of the last two of my regular mail day shares. As for what will replace it? Well, I am not sure yet to be honest. I will keep the creative juices flowing though for the next couple of weeks.

So one of these last few mail day postings on here features cards from @APetrelak who started off with a simple three baseball cards to trade me that turned into a huge chunk of them. There was more variety in here than a box of Munchkins from Dunkin'.

The main theme of the mail day is..do you collect...yeah sure..cards are cards to me.

Alec asked if I collected golf and I said, "sure, why not" and included these two Tiger Woods and a Young Guns rookie. I figured Tiger Woods is still Tiger Woods despite his downfall.

Next, he had these Donruss Basketball rookie cards to unload and anyone who has read this blog knows I am a die hard rookie card collector. That was an obvious yes. Not many names I know in here, but you just never know.

A few football rookies and a TY Hilton parallel. Ebron now plays beside Hilton in Indy and Kendricks is a solid linebacker.

Some Leaf rookies. Dak, Cook, Bridgewater (Sage Hit) and Goff. Solid names. I still think the best of this group will be Goff in the long run with Dak behind him.

Speaking of good rookies, here is a 2016 Classics Carson Wentz.

Jim Kelly parallel from Absolute parallel.

Zay Jones relic card. I really liked the design of this card so it was a yes for sure. Don't you guys ever just say yes to a card because it looks nice?

Tyreek Hill was a beast in Week 1 and this marks my first relic card of him.

The baseball cards of the group is what started the conversation for this trade. Albies could be headed for ROY honors and help lead the Braves in the playoffs. He has a solid future ahead and this card is numbered 1/199.

I don't know who Cornelius Randolph is, but it's a paper parallel /25 so I will take it. Could be a somebody some day.

Absolutely loved this Correa. I had always wanted to see a Instavision card up close in the return of the popular 90's insert and now I have one.

Cool throwback binder with all of the old logos. Sure, it's got pages for storing.

Not sure what these Marvel cards are, they are oversized and appear to be previews, but I took em. That's just what I do. I will be honest and say though I have yet to watch the Deadpool movie even though I have always been tempted to.

This one just look cool.

Thanks Alec for another solid trade. Looking forward to the next!

My next card in this mail day was from @JGfan24ever. This was apart of a mail day I just posted on the NY Giants. This card I got a long, long time ago. See what I mean in this delayed posts?

Anyways, Michael put up a bunch of hockey cards for grabs and I saw a Young Guns and requested it. Once again being the great guy he is he sent it my way. I don't know who Copp is, but a rookie is a rookie.

Thanks goes to Michael for the card!

There is one more mail day posting like this to come. I won't even tell you ahead what's in it as I like to keep surprises on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment