Sunday, September 23, 2018

Big Blue Sunday's:In A Year Of Feeling Blue

As most of my readers know, my 2018 has been a tough one. Almost losing my wife to a blood clot, two kidney stone surgeries, family deaths, ongoing physical therapy to name a few things. It hasn't been an easy one by any stretch and it really hasn't the last five years especially the last two.

Even the Giants have carried over some of that rough stretch from last year to this year. So far, this years team looks like a sequel to last years. No offense, defensive breakdowns and some key injuries. They are off to an 0-2 start after losing to Dallas last Sunday in a game Dallas owned and the season is on the line this weekend in Houston for the Texan's home opener. It will not be fun to see this team fall even harder. They have somehow got to find a way to win. I want to be excited for something and not having to feel even more blue in 2018.

But, at least the hobby doesn't have me feeling blue. I have accomplished some great feats this year in the hobby including completing the Psych autograph set and when I have been down, someone from the hobby always stepped up in some way whether it was words of encouragement or a surprise mail day such as the one I got from @JGfan24ever.

He surprised me with this great lot of NY Giant cards he picked up from @tstk2008.

Sterling Shepard Elite Coverage relic. So far, his season has been slow despite the fast appeal he is showing on this card.

This was Davis Webb in blue before he went to Gang Green. I still find it odd they cut Webb and still kept three QB's on the roster. I felt Davis had potential still despite his poor preseason showing.

Wayne Gallman hasn't seen the ball too much this season as all of the catches and carries have gone to Saquon. I kinda wished he would see more as he is very talented with the ball in his hands and can make things happen. Not quite as much as Barkley, but could be a good offset.

One of the many Giant greats Michael Strahan. One of only three relic cards I have of him.

Another Davis Webb. This is my favorite Webb I own now. These Certified Cut rookie autograph relics look awesome.


And the final card from the lot, this amazing Saquon Barkley. This marks my first and one and only patch card. The card is numbered to 25. So far I have been impressed with Barkley. I think if the Giants oline can gel more, this guy will make a huge impact in the league. Right now he is doing it all on his own. Week one, he ran well. Week two, he caught a bunch of passes. What will Week 3 bring....we will have to see.


This mail day really lifted my spirits and I owe a huge thanks to Michael for his kind heart once again. I hope you enjoyed my thank you gift as much as I enjoyed this one.

Whether it's been words of encouragement or a special surprise, every little or big thing from the hobby family has helped me this year keep chugging forward and not feel so blue. Unless we are directly discussing NY Giants, I bleed blue there.

No comments:

Post a Comment