Saturday, September 8, 2018

What's In The Mail Box: The Sports Card Tour Prizes Arrive!

Here we go! Mail Day Saturday has arrived!

Today's mail day is all from one person and not three like it appears. Chris over at The Collector ran a series called The Sports Card Tour where it took you all over the U.S. and parts of Canada touring sports cities and combining it with cards he showed off for each. It was a very intriguing series and had a bonus of prizes for commenters as well.

I don't believe I missed a post in the series but still ended up in the middle of the pack at Draft spot number 6 when it came to picking the prizes.

Not much longer after picking the prizes and sending in my address, he mailed them out and mine arrived within a few days. I can see why he named his blog The Collector as it appears he collects or did collect everything, something I used to do, and gave away that same kind of variety in his contest.

The contest had two prize draft rounds. In my first pick at 6, I chose a flat rate box of football cards along with some football items. My second pick at spot 18, I chose a NY themed prize package. Both prizes I had my eye on from the start and glad I was able to haul them in.

So let's check out what both prizes landed me.

The football flat rate box had rougly 300 cards to go along with some items.

I pulled out a few of the key cards to show off from the box.

There were many Marques Colston cards but these were the only ones I didn't have. Yes, I even have a mini collection of him. It's not intentional however.

Then I found a couple of guys that are intentional, Emmitt Smith and one of my favorites in TD!

What I was really hoping for when I made my selection of football at 6 actually showed up within. Some 90's goodness with cool inserts/parallels at that. Biggest name of the group here is WR Joey Galloway who had some successful seasons with the Seahawks.

I also found this cool base card from 2001 Private Stock of James Stewart  that made me think about a lot of the artsy ones we have today and this amazing Tim Couch card. I bet you don't hear the words amazing and Tim Couch in the same conversation too often. I would actually like to land myself a Couch auto someday. Just because.

There were also these gold Topps parallels including a Tiki Barber I didn't have for my Giants PC.

To my surprise was this autograph in there as well. What an odd signature Morris has.

A couple of new Giants cards  made an appearance as well with Ahmad Bradshaw and Hakeem Nicks. I really liked Topps Prime football. It was like having a bonus edition of Topps Stadium Club.

I also found these rookies within including Dobbs

Some more rookies

And finally, these two cards. I snagged out the Chad Johnson because I liked the photo and the Harris is for my 90's PC.

But this wasn't the end of the prize. There's more!

In the NY prize pack were these mini pocket schedules.

A 6 card Giants set I didn't have from Pepsi Max. Awesome!

A mix f cards from various NY teams including my Yanks and Giants.

There was also this Yankees cup which also had a Yankees pencil inside of it.

An All Star Game program for the MLB Insiders Club that's limited to 50,000 copies.

Even though I am not a hockey fan anymore, I thought adding this Messier 8x10 was cool.

York auto with authenticity

Mini books and guides  . I think I know a guy who would appreciate the Jet ones more than myself.

A-Roid, A-Rod, mini bobble head. Back when he played for the Texas Rangers.

Most people wouldn't think receiving a David Carr McFarlane figure would be that exciting,but I was pretty happy with finding it. First he was the main piece to the Texans when they first started. Second, he backed up Eli and won a ring in the process and lastly this piece is his rookie one. I got out of collecting these types of figures years ago but I plan on keeping this one. One can't take up too much space right?

Super Bowl 39 program featuring my least favorite teams of Patriots vs Eagles but cool piece anyways.

I loved finding this John Elway coin. It's surprisingly heavy. I was a fan of Johns especially late in his career with the two Super Bowl runs, so this made for a nice piece to go into my small PC of his.

Some mini figures. Ravens and Bills and Dodgers for baseball. Still no Giants for me. Some day. I really like these Lil Teammates figures.

Inside of the football program was these uncut sheets from 1993 Game Day McDonalds. I saw these and thought I would faint if I found the Hampton one, well , I didn't . But, there are a few other players on here in Dan Marino, John Elway and Phil Simms that I appreciate anyways. This is the three piece set so I wonder where Hampton is or maybe they had more than one series release. Hmmmm....

And the final thing I found was this unique Flipp book. This is the front and back. It's exactly what it says it is. It's a Flipp book. You flipp through the pages and you see a player in motion. One side is Tony Gonzalez and the other is Priest Holmes. This is something I haven't seen before so a first time collectible for me.


A thanks goes out to The Collector for this awesome mail day. I will admit there are some cards and pieces I held out to use for my Origins Of A Cardboard Addict series so you will see more from this mail day then. But, what you see above is most of it and there was much to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment