Sunday, September 30, 2018

Big Blue Sunday's:A Winning Sunday

A win. Finally a win.


I know the Giants defeated the Redskins in Week 17 of the 2017 season, but this win feels so much sweeter. It's 2018 people and we are under a new regime. I would like to forget about last season and not be reminded this year with weekly losses.

So the Giants after their hold on victory against the Texans sit in last place in the NFC East but at 1-2. The leaders in the division are 2-1. Giants are only a game out however their schedule is pretty tough and that begins today with their home game against the New Orleans Saints. I bet Drew Brees is drooling over the fact he gets the weak Giants secondary.  I am just hoping the Giants oline can hold together and let Eli keep up.

Let's check out a mail day from my buddy and long time Sport Card Collectors reader Grady M. He sent the Giants Pride sign shown above along with these OBJ items,



Alec Ogletree rookie. The guy has impressed me the last few games. He came up with a huge interception in the Texans game when Watson had thrown into the end zone and Alec jumped up to snag it.

Already two 100 yard games for Odell. I hope there is more to come. It would be nice if he would score for once though.



Wayne got more play time against the Texans as the Giants were trying to rest Barkley from taking on the whole offense. He also took a shot to the knee on the first play of the game that had me gasp. Gallman stepped in and did some good work.

Speaking of good work, Sterling had his big game of the year vs the Texans. He made many important catches including the game clinching touchdown which looking back at the score was the biggest play of the game. Everyone including myself expected Eli to hand that ball off, but new regime and new chances and they threw it to Shep who found himself open most of the day.


Collins made a lot of stops on defense. I don't feel like we have mentioned much of his name yet this season. He is playing under the radar a lot but still is one of the best safeties in the game.

I am hopeful this guy can return this week. Vernon missed the first three games and the Giants pass rush could really use him and

I am hoping with this now linebacker status and his pass rushing skills, I will see a glimpse of this Giants legend.

I will admit, when the Giants cut Harris this past offseason, I didn't miss him. Now I do. Giants special team returners have been horrible and almost have turned the ball over multiple times. It was worst enough to witness the Jags game go to a loss because of it.

JPP doesn't wear blue anymore. I didn't think the Giants would miss his pass rushing very much, but they do. The Texans game was a little better with the pass rush thanks to Kerry Wynn, just hoping he continues to beast it out. It was weird seeing JPP in a Buc's uniform on Monday Night Football.

And argue with it or not, the Giants selection of Saquon Barkley at the two slot in the draft was a great move. Every time this guy touches the ball you can feel the excitement. He scored his second TD against the Texans and rushed over 80 yards. Really good game for him and I can't wait to see what he has in store this week.

Another new Barkley.

A thanks to Grady for the mail day!

My buddy Tim Yount's mail day was just as impressive.

Eli shined in that game like he does on this card. People were calling him washed up, well, he proved them wrong.


Eli Apple has impressed this season. I was calling for the Giants to cut him, but he seems to have matured. I am hoping though he can get healthy and be ready for the Saints game. They will need him.

Die Cut OBJ. Makes sharp cuts like the player featured with the ball in his hands.

Cody Latimer played for the Broncos, but since he departed I had a feeling Tim might have his autograph I could get in a trade. Well, here it is. Cody had his best game as a Giants vs the Texans last week. They have been using him as a Kick Returner which I feel isn't really his thing.

And finally, this really awesome 1968 Topps Poster. I gotta find a way to keep this in good condition.This marks one of the oldest Giants items in my PC.
 

A big thanks to Tim for the new Giants adds!

The Giants start at 4:30 pm this wee and are finally back at home. I am hoping last week was just the beginning on the season and not a one time highlight. I think a win against the Saints would prove to me this team is for real, a loss however, well, that will just tell me this is a growing year.

No comments:

Post a Comment