Sunday, January 20, 2019

Nuttin But The Hits: 2018 Contenders Football Hobby Box (6 Hits!)

During the AFC and NFC divisional games last weekend, Panini hosted it's popular #PaniniWildCard promotion once again with prizes galore!It had been some time since they last did this contest, back in the day it was a lot of fun, so I kept track to see how to enter and the prizes.

To enter you had to shoot a selfie of yourself with your favorite 2018 Panini card. I don't post selfies anywhere, except occasionally Facebook, and decided I wasn't going to do it. Then I found a mask I had lying around and said, why not try it with that on in hopes that my entry would count. Well, it did and I was the very first winner. The prizes, well, 2018 Contenders hobby boxes and one person would win a Drew Brees autograph if they could get the most RT's. I would have been happy with the Brees as he is on my want list, but I really wanted a box of Contenders which is my favorite product year in and year out.

I love the rookie tickets and was hoping I would finally have some luck with Contenders a product that I always hoped for a promising finish that ended up always disappointing. I saw other winners from the contests that lasted both days pull Lamar Jackson auto, Baker Mayfield auto and even a Antonio Brown autograph. So I was hoping that they left a Saquon for me.

Instead I was left hanging with Contenders once again.

Box with all of this years rookie studs on it.

A damaged base card. Hopefully I wasn't going for the set

Need the Saquon version of this.
 
Need the NY Giants version of this card. Pretty cool looking.

Need the Saquon base version of this. Of course I would take the parallels to. I got Gallup with an eBay 1/1 with 1/49.

Now onto the hits which included a bonus one!
Tanner Lee. He is #3 on the Jaguars depth chart. Maybe has a shot next year. I will hold onto this for now just in case.

Billy Price. Nice autograph but an offensive lineman which is offensive to this box.However, I do like how Panini includes more athletes autos in this product.

 Braxton Berrios who plays for a good team is also not playing on the IR. ouch. Maybe next year?

Chase Edmonds is another guy I will keep an eye on down the road. He had 208 rushing yards and two TD's in 2018. This 4th round draft pick will find it hard to find a lot of time on the field being behind David Johnson.

PANINI POINTS. GRRRRRR.

And my final hit was the best of the box and one I will hold onto for awhile. No plans of trading it off with possible potential here. This is Nyheim Hines who was a 4th round pick of the Colts. This is also a Ticket Stub parallel /49 as you can tell by the top of the card which I think is a pretty lame parallel lol. But, it does fit the theme. He had a decent season both rushing for 314 yards while also pulling in 425 receiving. Could be someone to watch next year especially if he gets more time to play.

Overall this was a sad, sad box for a $200. Luckily I won it and didn't pay for it as that would have blown my top off. The best card was the last one and even that card isn't going for much. Not that cards to me are about money and value.

Thoughts on my box break are welcomed below!

No comments:

Post a Comment