Monday, January 14, 2019

Filling In Some Gaps

The only problem with getting an eBay gift card for Christmas is, it runs out at some point. That's what today's finale mail day is all about.

I spread this eBay gift card out long enough that it was able to crossover with my eBay bucks which was like beautiful music. What was remaining for my gift card and what I had for eBay bucks wasn't much, but it was just enough to fill in some gaps. Not to mention, the seller had free shipping and 20% off two or more items so timing couldn't have been any better on my part.

I was able to add three more Hamptons bringing my total to 14 with the gift card and a couple of set help cards. Let's check it out.

This is a 1995 Images Limited Icons insert. Nothing to flashy, but it does have these weird somewhat embossed lines that I hadn't seen in the scans. It was an added bonus. This was the final piece to my 1995 Images needs and was a card I hadn't seen listed ever til I got the gift card.

This 1992 Wild Card is one of many, many Wild Cards that I need for both 1992 and 1993. There are so many variations and brands that run off from it that I don't think I will ever finish that part of his PC. I never see any of them listed except this one which has been in my watch list for some time now.

Speaking of cards I never see listed, I have been needing both parallels for Rodney in 1997 Pinnacle Inside. Finally, the Silver Lining did. I put this card in my Watch List back in the middle of summer and fortunately no one grabbed it. Now I just need to find the Gridiron Gold parallel.

With those three I also have a nice round number of 580 total Rodney Hampton cards out of his 825 roughly out there. I am closing the gap, but it is also a sad thing because it's getting tougher to find cards I actually need out there.

Set help here. I have always wanted the Kerry Collins from the 1995 Summit Rookie Summit insert set. Now I have it and it gets crossed off of my set needs for this set. I still have plenty of them to chase however as I only have 7,8,13,14,15,16 out of the 18 in the set. I don't know if it's the photography or the foil design, but these cards are appealing to me.

And a Hall of Fame running back for my 1995 Pinnacle Clear Shot set? Yes please. This brought my set needs down to two! Card was also in mint condition with no scratches like some do and no staining.

Well, that does it for my gift card. I think it was money well spent and well spread out. All I can hope now is that I get another one for my Birthday coming up in March.

In the meantime, if any of you have any of my set help under my Set Needs HERE, please contact me via email or Twitter. I will be adding to these lists as well soon. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment